Watch Buying Advice Needed

Thread: Watch Buying Advice Needed

Watch Buying Advice Needed

My SO is looking for a watch to wear to work. She has a tattoo that wraps around her wrist that's fairly large and she would like a nice, casual, everyday watch to wear that would cover it up. The only ones we have found that have done this adequately have been fairly cheap watches and not really watches that we consider everyday watches. I would like a little bit nicer watch that she can wear to her meetings and around her office.

What we're looking for:
    A watch with a band around 30mm wide (this has been the MOST difficult part)
    ~45mm+ case diameter
    Simple (non-cluttered) face
    Maybe a little feminine, but it can certainly be masculine as well since it will probably be a men's watch that fits her needs
    Ideally, it would be under $100, maybe $200. $300 would be the absolute max I could see spending on this watch as she does not like the idea of spending a lot on watches (yet)

Please help on what watch(es) fit these requirements. ANY advice would be appreciated. Also, I am not very familiar with swapping out bands, but that seems like a realistic option. If this is the wrong area for this, please let me know.
    Last edited by granth3w; November 24th, 2014 at 09:29.

Re: Watch Buying Advice Needed

The 30mm band is going to be the killer, even 47mm Panerai Radiomirs only have 26mm bands.

You might try searching for cuff watches or maybe use a bund strap but the later is going to make it hard to look feminine.
    Last edited by ilitig8; November 24th, 2014 at 09:04.

Yeah, a 26mm band could possibly work. I love the Radiomirs and think that the band on them could be sufficient. If Radiomirs weren't the price that they are, I actually think that would be my top pick. I think she need a poor man's Radiomir. I've looked for cuff watches, but haven't had much success in finding one that we really liked since they are usually very masculine. I'm not completely discarding them though.
    Last edited by granth3w; November 24th, 2014 at 09:28.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by granth3w View Post
    Yeah, 26mm could work. I love the Radiomirs and think that the band on them could be sufficient. If Radiomirs weren't the price that they are, I actually think that would be my top pick. I need a poor man's Radiomir. I've looked for cuff watches, but haven't had much success in finding one that we really liked since they are usually very masculine. I'm not completely discarding them though.
    Go to the affordable sub-forum and ask about Radiomir homage watches if you think a 45mm Radiomir will work but the watch itself may be too large.

Thread Information