Watch collection these days.
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Watch collection these days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watch collection these days.

Most of you own plenty of watches, like ten or more. I often wonder how you manage to choose between which watch to wear. I mean definitely, there must be some that are totally neglected. I'd love to hear views from such individuals.
    Thanks

Re: Watch collection these days.

Some people have specific rules, e.g. they have a specific rotation where each watch gets worn for one day and then it's off to the next in order.

Some folks have looser rules, like they may try to wear a different watch each day or one watch a week but don't stick to a set schedule.

Some people wear whatever they feel like. Some of these folks may make a spreadsheet and keep track of what actually gets worn. If it doesn't get worn often enough, then they have some evidence and can decide whether to keep it or not. Sometimes it's worth considering changing the strap or fixing it if it's not being worn because of issues like that.

Some people flip (resell) watches often. Others buy and hold. Some older watches that might have been nicer when new are kept for "beater" use once they get scratched and scuffed while others are worth fixing/reconditioning.

It all just depends, but probably the thing I thought most strange when I started was keeping a spreadsheet. I now keep an informal spreadsheet and have identified a specific watch that is likely to be sold soon.
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

I just wear what I want to that day. Unless its work. Then the Timex.
    E8ArmyDiver likes this.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Why not keep a limited number of watches than doing stuff like keeping a spreadsheet. But when there is passion, you always find a way to follow it and this is one way alright.

I wear the watch that matches my outfit. Or more like i pick an outfit depending on my watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have categories--some of mine are dressy, so they come out if I'm dressing up in a suit, or wearing business casual but feel like something a little more classy that day. Others are for travel (dual time zone) and may not get worn for a couple of months, but then will get worn every day for a week or two while I'm overseas. Others are more weekend-ish, and get worn when I'm not working (or sometimes when I am working but feel like something a little more tool-y). Sometimes it depends on my mood, other times I just have a hankering to wear a particular watch, and like Norm S, I'll pick an outfit that matches it.

I like variety, I guess.
    E8ArmyDiver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azwar View Post
    Why not keep a limited number of watches than doing stuff like keeping a spreadsheet. But when there is passion, you always find a way to follow it and this is one way alright.
    Some people find that making these spreasheets or coming up with a plan to wear all their watches is part of the joy of playing with their toys.
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Azwar View Post
    I love watches and spreadsheets, so I can do both. :)
    Official Rotation

IWC Portuguese 3714-45 \ Rolex Explorer 214270
    \ Omega Speedmaster Professional \ Rolex Submariner 114060 \ Breitling Transocean Chronograph \ Seiko Prospex SBDC051 \ Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400ST \ Rolex Datejust 41 126300 \ Oris Aquis Clipperton \ IWC Aquatimer \ Ball Engineer III Legend \ Sinn 104 \ Seiko SARX055 \ Squale GMT \ Archimede Pilot 39 \ Sinn 556

Follow me on Instagram: mtravis38

All based on where I'm going, what I'll be doing and what clothes I'll be wearing. Currently, no watch is being neglected. If any were, I'd find them a new home.
    E8ArmyDiver likes this.

No rules. And I don't care if some timepieces are neglected... they are only there for me to enjoy them. So I'll wear whatever I want to wear.
    Dave0944, OvrSteer and E8ArmyDiver like this.
    Watches are fun IF you don't take them seriously.
    Too many watches for my signature... this is my SOTC thread on f71

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information