Watch crown keeps coming unscrewed?

Thread: Watch crown keeps coming unscrewed?

Watch crown keeps coming unscrewed?

I have a Casio mdv106 dive watch with a screw down crown. The crown keeps loosening/unscrewing. I am afraid to tighten it too much. Can you use a decent amount of force to screw it down so that it doesn't loosen? I don't want to mess up the crown. Thanks

Re: Watch crown keeps coming unscrewed?

Take it to the watch maker. Speaking as a watch maker myself I can tell you that there is a problem with the threads, and either the crown or the tube needs replacement.

Threads are mostly stripped is the likely answer. It's an under $40 watch- buy a new one if it bothers you, or just keep wearing this one until water gets in then throw it away.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatchdude View Post
    I have a Casio mdv106 dive watch with a screw down crown. The crown keeps loosening/unscrewing. I am afraid to tighten it too much. Can you use a decent amount of force to screw it down so that it doesn't loosen? I don't want to mess up the crown. Thanks
    Because it's an inexpensive watch cost for a watchmaker, unless there was sentimental value, would be cost prohibitive.

With a little instruction, depending on your mechanical skill, it could be possible to open the case back, release the stem to try to replace the crown properly .....

But you could try this ..... Locktite, ya need Locktite (available at mosthardware stores) ..... in the out position after you drop a small amount of locktite using a toothpick into the crown, re-screw the crown onto the stem ..... just a small amount now, just for the threads ..... good luck with this
    Last edited by Ring; July 9th, 2014 at 19:41. Reason: add info
    "Some day I'm going to buy a real wristwatch"

"When I only had one watch I always knew what time it was, but now I'm no longer sure"

It sounds like the threads in the crown or crown-tube might be poorly so you can either get a new watch or have it repaired.

Thread Information