Watch is Destructive!

Thread: Watch is Destructive!

Watch is Destructive!

Any of you have a problem with a watch dinging/breaking things besides the watch it self. My Fortis B-42 GMT has made 3 notable dents in my drywall. A couple weeks back I was doing a morning wake up stretch and yawn thing and when my arm came down the bezel left a solid ding in the wall that now needs to be patched and painted. Today I am coming around the corner and smacked it right into the corner, another patch needed. There is third but will probably let that one slide. Yes ,I am a bit clumsy I guess or not aware of my surroundings but this is nothing new.

Curious if any of you now have a "honey to do list" because one of your watches is a wrecking machine!
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

Re: Watch is Destructive!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNasty1 View Post
    Any of you have a problem with a watch dinging/breaking things besides the watch it self. My Fortis B-42 GMT has made 3 notable dents in my drywall. A couple weeks back I was doing a morning wake up stretch and yawn thing and when my arm came down the bezel left a solid ding in the wall that now needs to be patched and painted. Today I am coming around the corner and smacked it right into the corner, another patch needed. There is third but will probably let that one slide. Yes ,I am a bit clumsy I guess or not aware of my surroundings but this is nothing new.

Curious if any of you now have a "honey to do list" because one of your watches is a wrecking machine!
    At least you're just destroying walls and not harming your watch!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

^^haha..Seriously though..the other day I was so mad because I wasn't paying attention when I closed the door on the Suburban, and the Nighthawk took a nice little chip of paint off..It was the first time anything like that had ever happened, haha

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    At least you're just destroying walls and not harming your watch!
    Funny thing is the white paint got compressed onto the bezel and at first it looked like the bezels finish had come off, no surprise Fortis makes a nice watch and after some finger nail scratching the watch was good as new. I was furious for about 5 seconds!
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

The Fortis B42 series are great looking watches IMHO and it sounds like they're as tough as they say they are.

I accidentally backhanded my GF dog wit my BR01... he was yelping in the corner or a good 15 minutes...
    Bell & Ross BR02 Carbon - Bell & Ross BR01 Power Reserve - Tag Heuer "McQueen" Monaco

2009 wish list - Rolex DSSD

Well here in FL, most walls have a swirly, textured, Spanish sort of look. So if I bang almost anything that does not put a hole in the wall, I don't really notice it. At least it would not get me up from my chair to fix it! lol

paul
    Doxa 600T Clive Cussler edition
    Breitling Superocean A17345
    Omega 2531.80
    RGM Sea3 Custom
    Ocean 7 LM3 #119

VINTAGE :

Zodiac Astrographic 2000
    Zodiac Sea Wolf(1964)
    LeCoultre Master Mariner (1970)
    Hamilton Thinmatic (1968)

Place of honor:

my '80's Seiko 5 which has been through the mill and still runs and tell adequate time.

Thread Information