Which watch/es do you NOT regret NOT buying and WHY?
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Which watch/es do you NOT regret NOT buying and WHY?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Which watch/es do you NOT regret NOT buying and WHY?

So I was culling my browser bookmarks yesterday and I started clicking each of the online retailer pages of the watches that I seriously considered buying but for some reason I didnít.

Then I realized how my taste had evolved and felt so glad I didnít jump the gun on some of my earlier choices.

To be clear, this post is not intended to bash certain brands or particular models. As I said, itís more about changing tastes and styles, maybe how getting older influences our choices, or even how the value of certain models have gone really soft.

For example, I saw the Seiko orange monster and breathed a sigh of relief that I didnít get one because it would have looked massive on my wrist. The other one is the Rolex Explore II polar - same reason. Still another is the Speedy reduced - some of its design cues like the Arabic numeral minute markers clutter the dial IMO.

Apologies if this topic has been discussed before. My quick search didnít yield anything, or maybe I didnít use the right keywords.

Cheers!

Unhappy Re: Which watch/es do you NOT regret NOT buying and WHY?

The first 24h watch I ever saw, featured some time back on the 24h Forum. Never heard of 'Belair' before. It was priced at about $37, marked down form $69.95 at
    the Base Exchange at Fairchild AFB, WA., October, 1960. Today it would a bit too small.
    Last edited by Watchbreath; May 8th, 2018 at 21:35.
    arcentaur likes this.

Re: Which watch/es do you NOT regret NOT buying and WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    The first 24h watch I ever saw, featured some time back on the 24h Forum. Never heard of 'Belair' before. It was priced at about $37, marked down form $69.95 at
    the Base Exchange at Fairchild AFB, WA., October, 1960. Today it would a bit too small.
    Speaking of 24H watches, I also seriously considered the Glycine Airman No. 1 purist. I now realize its lugs are a bit off-putting. I got the Airman 18 GMT instead and itís been in my regular rotation.

First time Iíve heard of Belair. Then again, Iím new to the game (or too late at age 42, never really interested until a year ago). Worth checking out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Too many to count, for a mariad of reasons.
    Drumguy, Sevenmack and Igorek like this.

I don't regret not buying every watch I didn't buy because I don't.

I donít regret anything I didnít buy.
    Every decision I make is utterly deliberate.
    Iím already planning my watch purchase years from now
    (Tudor B.B. 58)
    Sevenmack and Fantasio like this.
    ďIf we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.Ē
    ― Seneca

My first Swiss watch, Hamilton Lord Hamilton. I love the looks of the chrono and the size of the watch. I also enjoy the movement and the Valjoux wobble. This will be a watch that I will keep for a lifetime and pass it down. Although I can not say that I have really regretted any of my watch purchases to be honest.

Open heart/skeleton watches. Happened the first month I got interested in watches. I'm so relieved that I didn't scratch that itch. I ended up using some of that cash to pre-order a Halios Seaforth. I'm also saving up for an Oris Aquis Date and the Stowa Antea Klassik KS. I found that after several months of browsing, these were the two watches I kept returning to. When I actually purchase them, I'll know it wasn't some impulse decision, which makes the acquisition that much more satisfying.

After that, I'll start saving up for a grail watch that has not yet been identified.
    arcentaur likes this.

I used to really like those Meistersinger one-hand watches. They're still cool, but I see them more as a novelty now and not really practical; at least, not $2000+ practical. No regrets on not getting one. Same for those ultramodern and busy skeletons like SevenFriday.

Like most have said, I'm pretty intentional with my purchases. Most of them have been under consideration for a year or two before purchase. Some don't work out, but I don't have any regrets. No way to truly know without some wrist time.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyhawkMaddie View Post
    Open heart/skeleton watches. Happened the first month I got interested in watches. I'm so relieved that I didn't scratch that itch. I ended up using some of that cash to pre-order a Halios Seaforth. I'm also saving up for an Oris Aquis Date and the Stowa Antea Klassik KS. I found that after several months of browsing, these were the two watches I kept returning to. When I actually purchase them, I'll know it wasn't some impulse decision, which makes the acquisition that much more satisfying.

After that, I'll start saving up for a grail watch that has not yet been identified.
    RE Skeleton watches. I got so close with the Zenith EP full open as my first chrono. Glad I didnít and opted for the good old Speedy Pro instead.
    KittyhawkMaddie likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information