Watch forums in China
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lvt

Thread: Watch forums in China

Watch forums in China

I was just thinking, with more than 50% of Swiss watches ending up in Asia, mainly China, there has to be some watch forums as well right ? I was asking Google about it but there seems to be little clue about it.

So, which is the biggest online meeting place for folks in China talking about watches ?

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  29.8 KB
    JDM FTW

My 2 ultimate grails are VFM and TOTC.
    A good read is like medicine for the brain.

Re: Watch forums in China

Quote Originally Posted by Dan83bz View Post
    I was just thinking, with more than 50% of Swiss watches ending up in Asia, mainly China, there has to be some watch forums as well right ? I was asking Google about it but there seems to be little clue about it.

So, which is the biggest online meeting place for folks in China talking about watches ?

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  29.8 KB
    Since you are looking for chinese forums, I assume you can read mandarin? So why not use a chinese search engine?? Maybe chinese millionaire`s are not that internet addicted.

Maybe the government isn`t that keen on its citizens showing off their fancy(expensive) watches.

There are tons of autoclubs in China, but not on the net???
    #14 and D10S Forever. Gràcies and R.I.P Johan.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterHo View Post

Maybe the government isn`t that keen on its citizens showing off their fancy(expensive) watches.

There are tons of autoclubs in China, but not on the net???
    .... Shhhhhh...Always watching...
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

China (especially mainland Chinese) are a different breed. Many of the rich who buy watches aren't buying for a hobby in a sense. Many of them, first off, go to HK or the US. Second, when they buy, they BUY. They will buy 5,10,20 watches for their colleagues (though now not as much) and family. They are gifts. That's where the huge number is from. I've lived in HK for a bit and even the local AD here in the states are seeing the same thing. But also, like it was noted above, access to "their internet" is a bit more limited than in the "outside" world. Especially from an English geared search engine.

As to Mandarin, the Chinese written language as a whole is the same. The spoken language is different. A Cantonese speaker can read what a Mandarin speaker wrote, but not what they say.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead123 View Post
    China (especially mainland Chinese) are a different breed. Many of the rich who buy watches aren't buying for a hobby in a sense. Many of them, first off, go to HK or the US. Second, when they buy, they BUY. They will buy 5,10,20 watches for their colleagues (though now not as much) and family. They are gifts. That's where the huge number is from. I've lived in HK for a bit and even the local AD here in the states are seeing the same thing. But also, like it was noted above, access to "their internet" is a bit more limited than in the "outside" world. Especially from an English geared search engine.

As to Mandarin, the Chinese written language as a whole is the same. The spoken language is different. A Cantonese speaker can read what a Mandarin speaker wrote, but not what they say.
    Yep just to show off their riches.
    You can tell the differences between rich mainlanders and rich overseas chinese(so called "turtles").

I wanted to sell my Brother in law my Corum Classical Grande date(at that time Brandnew). He didn`t know what a "Corum" was. Only when he knew how much money he was saving, I already had it on my wrist.

There are sophiscated ones nowadays though.
    #14 and D10S Forever. Gràcies and R.I.P Johan.

www.iwatch365.net/forum

Enjoy

Among the top three watch forums analyzed, Chinese platform iWatch365 captures the lion’s share with 49 per cent of the 95 million total forum posts views, closely followed by pioneer TimeZone (45 per cent) and PuristSPro (6 per cent)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Ovalteenie; June 21st, 2014 at 03:07.

Don't misunderstand that oft cited statistic.
    Hong Kong is one of the key points of entry for that side of world. Those figures give no indication how many are for sale in Hong Kong and China and how many move on to different countries.

lvt

There are a lot of hobbies forums for Chinese speaking people, cars, watches, boats, even airplanes... but believe me, none of those places will make you feel good.
    mew88 and WatchObsessed like this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by Ovalteenie View Post
    I missed the chart, where is wus in this equation? I thought it is " the most visited watch forum, is it not"? :)

Or they just made a audience breakdown between these 3 sites?

Thread Information