So I am looking to make a present to my father, he is an engineer but works more on the sales part (computers). Normally wearing a suit and sadly now he has just Citizen with him all the time as he got stolen before an omega (he lives in mexico)
My idea is to make a present of a watch he would feel excited wearing but fly somehow still under the radar.
The first ideas i had are (considering he wears tie and suit most of the time and has a 6.5 inch wrist size):
Nomos is not so known in mexico which may do trick to play under the radar,
- Nomos Orion 38
- Nomos Tangente 38
Longines makes great value for money divers without shouting I'm here!,
- Longines Hydroconquest (maybe a neat dial version in black in 39mm)
- Maybe the GMT although for my taste is too chunky for him
Stowa again a german brand which will play under the radar
- Partitio (maybe to dressy)
- Flieger (maybe not dressy enough but I would say plays with a suit with a black strap on it)
Well, i was wondering if you could recommend something else maybe:
- A vintage that is worth giving as a gift
- Some branded watch that really makes competition for Nomos.
Well thanks! ;)