Watch ID? Panarai Tourbillon?

Thread: Watch ID? Panarai Tourbillon?

Watch ID? Panarai Tourbillon?

This morning i was out to grab a coffee and a chocolate almond croissant (mmmmm!) and I noticed a gentleman sitting doing a crossword puzzle in the cafe.

I'm pretty sure I've seen him in there before, maybe wearing a Breitling but today he was wearing a watch I didn't recognise. It was silver in colour (steel, platinum, white gold?) on a bracelet with a Panarai style crown guard. It had a seconds subdial at 12 and might have had subdials at 9 and 3 as well...at 6 it had what looked like a gold tourbillon window.

When I went to augment my coffee with some sugar, I said 'nice watch' but he was clearly pre-occupied with his corssword and only looked up and said thanks. I felt a bit bad for interrupting him afterwards. (and hey, buddy, if you're on here and reading this, sorry!)

And Idea what the watch could be?

oh, and he was also wearing a world series ring, but I don't follow baseball.
    Chris
    Glashutte Original Panomaticluna XL, Doxa Sharkhunter GMT, Seiko Monster Mod, Dwatch, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Maestro, Vostok Expedition, Volmax Aviator Flying Tank, Vostok Lunokhod, Custom PAM Homage, Nixon Mahogany Rotolog, St Mortiz Storm Chronograph

Re: Watch ID? Panarai Tourbillon?

Replica? The Tourbillon can only be seen through the back crystal on a Luminor.
    Previously Loved:
    Poljot SS18; Tissot PRS200 & Seastar 1000; Eterna Monterey; Steinhart Ocean1; TAG F1 Midsize & WAH1110; Invicta Grand Diver GMT;
    Breitling Colt II Chrono; Hamilton Jazzmaster Square; Omega SMP; Hamilton Air Race GMT; Seiko Snow Monster

Current Stable:
    Eterna KonTiki LE; Alpina Extreme Sailing; vintage (.ca 1961) Omega Seamster

I don't know...

The tourbillons I've seen on various panerai fora have all been the 1950, which doesn't look even close to this watch. This watch didn't look like a replica of anything I've seen which is why I'm so unsure about it. Maybe it's not a Panerai at all?
    Chris
    Glashutte Original Panomaticluna XL, Doxa Sharkhunter GMT, Seiko Monster Mod, Dwatch, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Maestro, Vostok Expedition, Volmax Aviator Flying Tank, Vostok Lunokhod, Custom PAM Homage, Nixon Mahogany Rotolog, St Mortiz Storm Chronograph

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Replica.

nice find...that looks a lot like what he had on his wrist!

I wonder if the world series ring was fae too? ;)
    Chris

Thumbs Down Re: Watch ID? Panarai Tourbillon?

trying hard copy cat
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbirdrs View Post
    Replica.

Suspended

I saw this same watch on a guy not to long ago. At the time I did a little research and it is indeed 100% fake as fake gets. The really bad thing is that the guy I saw had a story how he had paid $12,000 for it and how he had bought it in Vegas after winning $50,000. Funny thing is that this guy didnt have 2 cents to rub together. I hate people like that.

ugh! just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

gross fake. ten bucks says the ring was fake too.

Off topic Re: Watch ID? Panarai Tourbillon?

Quote Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
    I saw this same watch on a guy not to long ago. At the time I did a little research and it is indeed 100% fake as fake gets. The really bad thing is that the guy I saw had a story how he had paid $12,000 for it and how he had bought it in Vegas after winning $50,000. Funny thing is that this guy didnt have 2 cents to rub together. I hate people like that.
    Well...you know what they say....."Easy come, easy go."

No wonder the fellow didn't want to talk about his watch. The crystal may have popped out while he was describing it.

Thread Information