Watch Idea
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Watch Idea

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Watch Idea

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum, I am sorry if my question it's not in the right category.

I want to buy my first low end luxury watch and after a lot of research I have narrowed my list to a few and I would like to hear Your opinion on which brand/model you suggest I should get.

The battle is between Maurice Lacroix Aikon and two Frederique Constant models.
    I really like the Aikon but I'm considering FC models because I like that there is something going on in the dial. especially in the model with with open heart and moon phase. I don't know if I will get bored easily with it and it would be pleasing to look at some action in the watch when I am bored in airplane.

I would love to hear your opinions and I am looking forward if you can recommend other suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

B79

Re: Watch Idea

Hi and welcome.

Those three are all so very different.
    Best advice, dont rush it- none of them are going anywhere and try them on- then if there is one you can’t stop thinking about- grab it. Just be aware, if you take the time to try them on, there will be others there that may sing to you more.
    If it helps, take pics and there will be no shortage of opinions here to ‘help’ if you do feel you need it.

Enjoy the ride. There is no wrong or right answer if you like it yourself but your preferences may change with time- that is usually unavoidable.

B79

I think the ML is trying a bit to hard to look like an AP.

I personally loathe FC with their whole "accessible luxury" motto.

With that money i'm going Hamilton, Oris or Tag. A bit more and i'm going pre owned Tudor or Omega.

Good luck pal and welcome to the forum !

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I personally love the blue Aikon on the blue leather strap. It's lovely and fits with every way you dress. The FCs are more classical (expecially the first one) and less sporty, that's why I'd go for the Aikon! (I don't say anything about other watches because you already said you narrowed down your choice to those three)

Did you try them on your wrist? Make sure you do before buying, then buy the one that makes you smile every time you look at it :D

The Freddy Constsnats will get old really quickly. Hard "no" onthose. The Aikon is a pretty watch and the dial has texture to keep your interest.

You may also want to look over the offerings from Christopher Ward; good value there and lots of choice.
    Tick-tock in RoK GMT+9, no DST
    --
    Modern: Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Piaget Upstream, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon GMT, Eterna Madison Spherodrive, Vulcain Cricket 1951 Classic, Bell & Ross Space 3 GMT, Ralf Tech WRV 1977, Bulova Accutron Astronaut (c. 1966), Omega Speedmaster triple date, Sinn 556 Anniversary LE, Glycine Airman SST-12, Pulsar Date II (c. 1971), G-Shock Rangeman 9400, Vostok Classica
    Seiko: Grand Seiko SBGT035, Credor Node GCAT996, Grand Seiko 5641-7000 (1972), "Ashtray Tuna" 7C46-6009 (1987), 6139-7068 "Blue Eye" chrono (1974), Bell-Matic 4006-7012 (1971), King Quartz 9223-5000 (1981), Seikomatic J13044 (1963), 6119-6400 UFO (1974), 6309-7290 (1987), Silverwave 8221-5020 (1980), Majesta 9063-5020 (1984).

The Aikon is cool (by the way, there is also a new 38mm version of the 42mm is too big). Open heart watches are usually wanted by newbies but then, like the rest of us, get bored or grow to dislike it. Definitely the Aikon out of these two. Both are very different watches though and there are plenty of alternatives at this price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watchinski likes this.

Welcome.

So honestly I am not a fan of overly fussy details on watches, neither textured dials but even more so Open heart. They just seems too baroque and it dates a watch, so it's the Akion for me.

Also the Akion is more versatile, clearly styled dressy sport it will look good in casual wear, sport wear or with a suit.

Just remember wus often give our opinions freely and unvarnished but they are just that, opinions, not demands so if you really really like one just go for it, parts of the fun is exploring what you like and that can evolve overtime. My tastes have changed over the years.

I second trying one on if you can, to get a feel, even if you like all style wise, on wrist things can change, I have found many a beauty becomes unwearable on wrist.

Happy hunting.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk
    "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody is gonna die."

ML does a nice job, and the Aikons are sharp looking models. I don't like open-work dials, so the ML gets my vote.
    FullFlavorPike likes this.

Wow, Thank You for fast answers. Yes, I also believe that I can get bored easily with open heart models.
    I agree that Aikon is perfect combination of sport and dress watch, that's why I like it so much. My wrist size is 7 - 7,5 inch. Wouldn't 42mm size be too big for me?
    I like some models from Hamilton but I always thought that they are below Frederique Constant in terms of quality.

You can wear the 42mm just fine. But if you can try it on to confirm, that will always be preferable.
    Tick-tock in RoK GMT+9, no DST
    --
    Modern: Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Piaget Upstream, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon GMT, Eterna Madison Spherodrive, Vulcain Cricket 1951 Classic, Bell & Ross Space 3 GMT, Ralf Tech WRV 1977, Bulova Accutron Astronaut (c. 1966), Omega Speedmaster triple date, Sinn 556 Anniversary LE, Glycine Airman SST-12, Pulsar Date II (c. 1971), G-Shock Rangeman 9400, Vostok Classica
    Seiko: Grand Seiko SBGT035, Credor Node GCAT996, Grand Seiko 5641-7000 (1972), "Ashtray Tuna" 7C46-6009 (1987), 6139-7068 "Blue Eye" chrono (1974), Bell-Matic 4006-7012 (1971), King Quartz 9223-5000 (1981), Seikomatic J13044 (1963), 6119-6400 UFO (1974), 6309-7290 (1987), Silverwave 8221-5020 (1980), Majesta 9063-5020 (1984).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information