Watch keeps fogging up.
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Watch keeps fogging up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watch keeps fogging up.

My g10 cwc fogs up when I sweat. Does anybody have a solution for this? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Watch keeps fogging up.

Your body heat is warming up the watch causing condensation on the inside. This can only mean that there is a leak somewhere allowing moisture to get in, either near the crown or the crystal. I would recommend taking it to a professional as only they will be able to completely dehumidify the watch and perhaps fix the leak.

Pen On Keyboard likes this.

Okay rob. Sound. Il take it to a professional. Thank you very much.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Water tight integrity compromise. . Gasket is faulty, backscrew case not tight or crystal does not seat properly. If you dump the watch into a bucket of water, I am sure water will leak in.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

You can try to put it in a bag filled with rice and leave it in there for a day or 2. Leave the crown in open position to allow the humidity to leave the watch. Maybe everything is fine and this moisture is in there from the start. Worth a try...
    - Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 8500 -
    - Certina DS action Diver automatic Titanium -
    - Tissot Visodate Heritage Black automatic
    - Certina DS podium chronograph Titanium -
    - Fossil Chronograph -
    - Timex T2N820 -
    - Casio G-shock -
    - Garmin Forerunner 610 -

Quote Originally Posted by swiftgs View Post
    You can try to put it in a bag filled with rice and leave it in there for a day or 2. Leave the crown in open position to allow the humidity to leave the watch. Maybe everything is fine and this moisture is in there from the start. Worth a try...
    Like to add....That's raw(uncooked rice)....Just thought it wise to clarify that...
    Donf and sticky like this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Quote Originally Posted by matty1911 View Post
    My g10 cwc fogs up when I sweat. Does anybody have a solution for this? Thank you

If you leave it outside in the sun with the crown in the out position the inside moisture will evaporate. Water is getting inside via the case back, crown (stem,tube), or crystal. Time for a service
    "Some day I'm going to buy a real wristwatch"

"When I only had one watch I always knew what time it was, but now I'm no longer sure"

Thanks for everyone's advice. Il put it in rice out in the sun. Two tips in one lol. Thanks a lot guys. Il update in a day or two and let u know how it went.

Your problem is not the moisture that is IN your watch. It's that moisture has (is, and will continue to) gotten in there. There is a seal problem. Sun will warm it up but won't remove it from the inside (warm moisture is worse than cold moisture BTW). Rice (or preferably silica gel) is OK if the back is open but to expect all the moisture to be eliminated this way is wishful thinking - the time required is very long. Putting the watch in a vacuum will remove it faster but then it will get right back in.

But how to remove it is rather moot anyway. Besides the already mentioned fact that it will recur, there is a very real probability that lubricants have been displaced, dust has gotten in, and corrosion has started it evil work. Certainly a quartz movement has a bit more leeway than a mechanical but it is not indestructible.

Sadly, I speak from experience in this matter.

Take it to the watch doctor for a service, specify new seals AND have him test it afterwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your problem is not the moisture that is IN your watch. It's that moisture has (is, and will continue to) gotten in there. There is a seal problem.
    +1
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information