Watch for lefty

Thread: Watch for lefty

Watch for lefty

Back when I got my first watch that I didn't have to wind every day, I switched it to my right wrist, because I'm left-handed. Now I'm considering a Citizen AT4010-50e. I've read several posts complaining, or maybe simply noting, that accessing many of its functions requires pulling out the crown, which would be awkward at best on the right wrist. Maybe I should think about another watch? I'm drawn in by the eco drive, titanium, atomic time and perpetual calendar of the AT4010, in that order. I don't travel all that much, I probably don't really need any of the other functions, and wouldn't mind a slightly dressier look than the AT4010. Is the AT4010 right for me, or is there another watch that matches me better?

Re: Watch for lefty

You can get 'destro' watches with the crown at 9 o clock FYI

Watch for lefty

Yep any destro style will work. I actually think it may be better to have the crown flipped around to the forearm side of the wrist for comfort. I've seen a few chrono's (Oris?) like that which are cool and functional.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, I'm more looking for never change battery, never set time, titanium with functions that are accessible via buttons. If I can't have all of those, I'll go with the AT4010 since I probably won't remember how to use the functions anyway.

Just look for models that have minimal crown so it won't go into your wrist when you bend your wrist outwards. Or models that have crown at 5 o'clock.

Casio WaveCeptor or Citizen AT should be your options... Especially Casio has many models that hardly have any buttons and are pretty much symmetrical so they work just the same on left or right wrist.
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

I just google image searched "lefty chronograph" and got many responses - Then you would need to sift through all of them for all the functions that you want. ... The difficult thing will be the Atomic Time and Perpetual Calendar features for a lefty, although many Casio's have these and chronographs without being righty or lefty. But they are mostly digital.
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes." Wilde

Thread Information