Watch magazine gift ideas.....

Thread: Watch magazine gift ideas.....

Watch magazine gift ideas.....

I need help with my Christmas list. I think I might like a subscription to a watch magazine, but not sure which one(s).

The only watch magazine I've ever purchased was the August 2007 International Watch (IW). I don't know if I lucked up on a good issue or not. It was the summer scuba issue with a small blurb on 45 dive watches. It also had great articles on the new Sellita SW200 (with schematics), Blanpain 50 fathoms, history of Omega observatory trials and precision records, Jaeger-LeCoultre's lubricant free watch, Eterna's new ceramic bearings, Christopher Claret's Swiss workshop (BTW, a tourbillon movement is the simplest caliber made there!).

Now I really enjoyed this magazine. Me being a chemical engineer, I particularly enjoyed the articles on lubricant free movements and ceramic bearings. The Sellita SW200 article was excellent.

The last time I was at a good bookstore (Nashville), I remember thumbing through 5 or 6 watch magazines and none of them were half as technical as my issue of IW. A few were a little over the top with the ultra-expensive watches.

Do any of you guys subscribe to watch magazines? Which ones do you like, and why?

Cheers,
    gigfy

Re: Watch magazine gift ideas.....

The best one out there is Revolution, I mooch them from my old store.

stuffler,mike

Europastar, more on www.europastar.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mine is probably one of the magazines you saw at the bookstore, "Watch Time."
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

Thread Information