Watch makers that do good
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Watch makers that do good

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I’ve been thinking more about where my money goes lately. Do you know if some great initiatives done by watch companies that can make a person feel good about wearing their brand in your wrist?

Here are a couple articles I found, but please do share others if you find anything good!

7 luxury watch brands that work to support Ocean conservation:
    https://www.veranda.com/luxury-lifes...-conservation/

More of them here too (Rolex, Blancpain and Omega come up a lot):
    https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...omega-10688956

5 affordables brands that are making a difference:
    https://www.inc.com/aj-agrawal/5-wat...-under-99.html

Do you know of any particularly remarkable stories of do-goodery by a watch company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eddieo396 likes this.
    Rotation: Seiko SBBN007 Tuna, Seiko SBDC007 Shogun, Seiko SRP637 Orange Shrouded Monster, Garmin Fenix 5+
    Wishlist: Seiko MM300, Orange or Yellow Doxa

My feedback: LINK

Re: Watch makers that do good

Here's one I bet you never expected to see showcased...

Invicta...!

I used to take jabs at Invicta as much as anyone else on here, until Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico. The CEO of Invicta, Eyal Lalo, reached out after seeing a report on the news, offering to help a woman, running an elderly hospital and the 11 patients she cared for. Lalo immediately jumped into action, loading his company's plane with supplies, and headed toward hurricane-battered Puerto Rico and basically saved those eleven people and the staff. My hats off to him and never a harsh word will be spoken by me again! I have a good friend there, who happens to work at the Omega Boutique in San Juan and most of the island is still devastated. I am embarrassed for the United States and how everything was handled... not to mention how the death toll was covered up. We may never know the real number or the real story.
    vkalia, Medusa, cave diver and 8 others like this.
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

Don't be effing around... get the Patek and be done!!

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

I was thinking of Oris with their newest Aquis watches and their Oceans Project.
    Overwound likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

cave diver likes this.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. It’s not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by I Like em BIG ! ! View Post
    Here's one I bet you never expected to see showcased...

Invicta...!

I used to take jabs at Invicta as much as anyone else on here, until Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico. The CEO of Invicta, Eyal Lalo, reached out after seeing a report on the news, offering to help a woman, running an elderly hospital and the 11 patients she cared for. Lalo immediately jumped into action, loading his company's plane with supplies, and headed toward hurricane-battered Puerto Rico and basically saved those eleven people and the staff. My hats off to him and never a harsh word will be spoken by me again! I have a good friend there, who happens to work at the Omega Boutique in San Juan and most of the island is still devastated. I am embarrassed for the United States and how everything was handled... not to mention how the death toll was covered up. We may never know the real number or the real story.
    This is doing good. Good on Invicta! But the majority of corporate efforts to "do good" it is pure marketing. Do you really think that the contributions to things like Only Watch (Association Monégasque contre les Myopathies - THE COLLECTION) are primarily aimed at doing good? They are more for marketing and allowing the 0.1%-ers to feel good about excess. Giving a small amount of money made from selling baubles to the ultra-wealthy is not necessarily "doing good." It is more like money laundering and marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohono Rat View Post
    This is doing good. Good on Invicta! But the majority of corporate efforts to "do good" it is pure marketing. Do you really think that the contributions to things like Only Watch (Association Monégasque contre les Myopathies - THE COLLECTION) are primarily aimed at doing good? They are more for marketing and allowing the 0.1%-ers to feel good about excess. Giving a small amount of money made from selling baubles to the ultra-wealthy is not necessarily "doing good." It is more like money laundering and marketing.
    I agree that there is a strong element of PR there - however,oes the motive matter as long as the company *is* doing some good? It's still better than doing nothing.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 blue, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B

Quote Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
    I agree that there is a strong element of PR there - however,oes the motive matter as long as the company *is* doing some good? It's still better than doing nothing.
    Completely agree with this.

Sure it's fair to ask whether they may care more about being seen to be doing good than the good deeds themselves, or those who are on the receiving end, but it's a good thing that a good deed is being done.

Blancpain may care less about a certain cause than I do, but may help far more than I do/can.
    vkalia, BarracksSi and cave diver like this.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tohono Rat View Post
    ... But the majority of corporate efforts to "do good" it is pure marketing. Do you really think that the contributions to things like Only Watch (Association Monégasque contre les Myopathies - THE COLLECTION) are primarily aimed at doing good? They are more for marketing and allowing the 0.1%-ers to feel good about excess. Giving a small amount of money made from selling baubles to the ultra-wealthy is not necessarily "doing good." It is more like money laundering and marketing.
    You state this as fact, but it's really your opinion.

Even if it’s “just marketing”, the publicity can help the charitable organizations.

As an example, I wouldn’t have known about the Orbis “flying eye hospital” if it weren’t for Omega being one of its sponsors. I didn’t buy any of the special edition watches, but I learned that Orbis is listed in our annual charity drive’s book. Added them to my donation form and, hopefully, maybe my money helped a couple kids get their eyesight back.
    vkalia, Synequano and cave diver like this.

The real daily people/companies that do good deeds are usually the ones with the least PR.

When it doubt do something better for the world, not something worse, IMHO.
    docvail likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information