I currently wear a Seiko 7T62-0TK0 watch which I bought for about $325 (rrp was $650) a couple years ago but it's time for something new and I'm looking for something with a leather band.
In particular I like:
I didn't really know where to look for a watch online, so just browsed eBay and I came across 2 other options that I liked:
ww w.ebay.com.au/itm/Christopher-Ward-C8-Regulator-watch-C8-Reg-Kvkt-/262089670623?hash=item3d05c2ffdf:g:jtcAAOSwA4dWG0z w - I'd never heard of the brand before but it looks amazing.
ww w.ebay.com.au/itm/TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Calibre-16-Day-Date-Chrono-41mm-Steel-Watch-CV201AH-FT6014-/271766495726?hash=item3f468ba1ee:m:mxbqFBOx23XCXIT QDDNSc9A - I've seen 2nd hand ones for around $2,000
Obviously there is a huge price difference between the BOSS model and the others. I'm willing to spend up to $2,000 for the right watch.
A few questions:
1) Are there any other brands you could suggest that would be within my price bracket? There were a couple nice Burberry watches and one or two Seikos and Citizen.
2) It seems as though good watches (eg Tags) maintain their value when second hand. I can't afford a new Tag. Will I regret buying a 2nd hand one? And if I was to look after it and then sell it after 1-2 years, would it be safe to assume I wouldn't lose too much?
3) Can I buy a tag watch with a metal band, and swap it for a leather band? Are they all interchangeable with each other?
4) You can usually tell when someone is wearing a good watch from a mile away because it sparkles. What causes this? I'm guessing it's the type of glass/crystal used? Are there particular types that fade easier than others?
5) Is there anything else I should look out for when buying a watch?
6) Thoughts on the BOSS watch? Obviously the Tag is a much better watch but I still like the look of the BOSS one. Thoughts?
Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.