Watch noobie here, critique my collection, and looking for another watch for my collection.
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Watch noobie here, critique my collection, and looking for another watch for my collection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watch noobie here, critique my collection, and looking for another watch for my collection.

Hi all,

I've just started wearing watches because I just feel like it completes my wardrobe at work and a wrist is a terrible thing to waste (GQ quote lol). I started with the timex weekender and I'm keeping it as my gym/beater watch. The bulova is my dressy watch if I ever need to wear a tux or something. The hamilton auto chrono is the watch I wear to work. I'm mostly always business casual at work.

I'm trying to round out my collection with a couple of more watches. I am looking for a vintage looking watch that may or may not be vintage such as the hamilton inter-matic. Here is a link of the hamilton intermatic Hamilton Watches | Tourneau but with a leather/NATO strap. Obviously I'm not going to buy it from tourneau b/c they're overpriced.

I have attached pictures of what I currently have. Thank you for all the help!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

brandon\ and bacari like this.

Re: Watch noobie here, critique my collection, and looking for another watch for my collection.

A nice start. Wish I'd done as well with my first three watches.
    TristanZ

Audemars Piguet Bernhardt Breitling Corum JeanRichard Elgin Eterna Gerald Genta Hamilton
    IWC Jaeger-LeCoultre
    Omega Rolex Seiko Timex Vache
    ron Constantin Zenith

Horologium manuale meum stitit.

Re: Watch noobie here, critique my collection, and looking for another watch for my collection.

Good versatility in that collection. One casual (Timex), one dress (Bulova), and one versatile sport/dress (Hamilton).

If I may offer a suggestion, how about a diver watch (if you like the style).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you're not particular about the size of the watch, then you could score a stainless steel 50's omega seamaster for $500-900, or a rolex 50's bubble back (even smaller) for $1,500

Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Pilot
    Bremont Supermarine
    Omega Seamaster, vintage
    Muhle Glashutte Marinus
    Sinn 857
    Archimede Pilot 45 Top

I would go for a diver of some kind. A Omega Seamaster would cover a lot of territory.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by tomjoad View Post
    Good versatility in that collection. One casual (Timex), one dress (Bulova), and one versatile sport/dress (Hamilton).

If I may offer a suggestion, how about a diver watch (if you like the style).
    Thanks! I'm not really a fan of the diving watches but I'm getting to that point where I might pick up a Victorinox chrono classic to round out the collection and JUST IN CASE I do wear my watch at a pool or something but a diving/military chrono style is probably going have to wait until I get a vintage looking watch :) Thank you for the advice though!!

Quote Originally Posted by futuregopher View Post
    Thanks! I'm not really a fan of the diving watches but I'm getting to that point where I might pick up a Victorinox chrono classic to round out the collection and JUST IN CASE I do wear my watch at a pool or something but a diving/military chrono style is probably going have to wait until I get a vintage looking watch :) Thank you for the advice though!!
    Maybe a pilot style watch. Would be another interesting look to add to your collection.

Well, one thing I see missing is a watch with a white/cream dial on brown/tan leather. If you've got a brown belt in your wardrobe, I think this is a must. Although, some would argue that matching leathers isn't as mush as a "rule" as it used to seem to be.

I have a Hamilton Khaki auto on Steinart leather to fill that need.

Last edited by BlinkyNIN; November 19th, 2012 at 05:03.
    futuregopher and Pubcrawler like this.
    -William

Christopher Ward C60 Trident Automatic - Oris TT1 Divers Date- Steinhart Nav B-Uhr II 44mm Hand Driven - Hamilton Khaki Field Auto 42mm - Seiko Sumo - Traser P6500 - Casio G-SHOCK GW5600J-1 - Tissot PRS516 Quartz Chronograph - Ocean7 LM-5CQ

Oh man... a James Bond Omega would be nice but a little out of my price range right now lol. Ultimate dream watch is a patek calatrava modern or vintage but at this point...just a big day dream hahaha

If you like the look of the Hamilton, perhaps you might be interested in this from Frderique Constant. FC is an up and coming brand from Geneve and they make outstanding values.

Name:  FC-306G4S6.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  21.8 KB

It's a bit more money than the Hamilton, but is [IMHO] a better watch..........Here's a link to one you can pick up for around $1100.

http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail...FQ4EnQodSSEAVA
    futuregopher likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information