Watch Novice - Seiko or Tissot?

Thread: Watch Novice - Seiko or Tissot?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watch Novice - Seiko or Tissot?

okay, think i've narrowed my search down to the seiko scvs013 above, or the tissot classic dream:

i've always enjoyed seiko, so i am definitely leaning that way. however, i've got girly-ass wrists and the ~12mm thickness is scaring me off a little. i've typically only owned much thinner watches.

anyone with advice? i generally dress pretty casual (i know, these watches are on the dressy side), but eclectic, and i'd like to think i could wear this watch most days.

i'm a fair watch n00b so if there are any telling differences between to two in terms of aesthetics or function, i'd love to hear of it. i'll be ordering online, so these things are kinda hard to gauge over 72dpi.

cheers.

Re: Watch Novice - Seiko or Tissot?

It's all down to what floats your boat really, style wise, and do you want a quartz or a mechanical watch??

Both co's make excellent watches, and with many different styles, so it's not easy to say!!

Out of the two you've put up, I probably prefer the Seiko, but I'd recommend going into a few Jewellers and trying a few different watches on to see how they look and wear if your concerned about the size?!!

I've got pretty small wrists, but mostly collect vintage watches, and mostly Tissot, which tend to be a bit smaller to start with!!

Good luck with the search, and post up pics of what you decide on

Seiko is the better choice, of the two examples posted (IMHO). You won't be sorry with that one.
    -wjb
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Seiko!
    - IWC Classic Pilot's Mark XVI
    - Omega 300M Bond Seamaster Chronometer
    - Calibre de Cartier SS
    - Corum Admiral's Cup 41mm

thanks, guys. yeah, certainly leanings towards the seiko.

i have no preference for automatic or otherwise. top suggestion to check out some similar sized watches in person - i'll do that this week before placing an order. may also scope how a black faced piece looks on my wrist.

in the meantime, these two have started to catch my eye, as well. the scvs015 is simply the 013 in a different colourway, right? not sure i'm sold on the bright white arms..

the scvs001 is also nice. the off-white face is great. wonder how much more appealing it'll be with a nice leather band.

anyway, keep the opinions coming!

cheers.

The white-dial, blued-hands on strap (in the original post) would be my choice. Great look from dress to casual.

The black-dialed model is nice, but there are many other options for a black-dialed watch, in the future, as your collection grows. (I'm thinking pilot-style / flieger)

Dauphine hands and jubilee-style bracelet are not complimentary to this watch (IMHO).

Good luck in whatever YOU choose. You have to wear it, so my opinions are worthless, if you don't feel the same way when you try them on

Best,
    Wallace
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

stuffler,mike

Go with the Spirit !.

LUW

Between these options I would go with the first Seiko. Looks the best IMO.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Do you want Roman numerals or hatch-marks? It comes down to that... both of those watches should be excellent quality. I'd probably get the Seiko, from a purely aesthetic standpoint, but I wouldn't have narrowed it down to these two watches in the first place.
    The Seiko, with its hatch-marks, would probably work better with casual wear than the Tissot.
    And if you haven't, take a look at Hamilton watches.
    Collection
    The Keepers: Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Doxa Sub 300 Professional (50th anniversay reissue, #299/300), Omega Speedmaster Professional, Scurfa Diver One, Shinola Runwell 47mm, Tissot Quadrato Chrono

The Flipped: Too many to count...

I had the Seiko for awhile, and it's top notch in quality. Get some interesting straps for it, and it will prove very versatile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information