watch pics

Thread: watch pics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

watch pics

anyway to make my pictures more secure? I'm talking about my watch pictures. there showing up on other forums without my permission. There being used as there picture of there watch when in fact I took the picture.

Re: watch pics

Probably the best way is to watermark them. Make yourself a logo, or just use your name, include the © copyright symbol, and use a freebie software package to add it. For example, Digital Image Tool or FastStone Photo Resizer.

If you don't like it, then you shouldn't have to put up with it. It amounts to theft of your property.
    Steve

If the photos are being hosted on your own webspace (and the other person is actually leeching your bandwidth) then you can usually turn on hotlink protection and deny your images being directly loaded from the other forum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    anyway to make my pictures more secure? I'm talking about my watch pictures. there showing up on other forums without my permission. There being used as there picture of there watch when in fact I took the picture.
    According to what I know no copyright violation if your pics show up on public fora. Add a text....

Thanks for the info guys. Mike, I hadn't considered adding a watermark or a logo to the pic. I guess I should do so.

If they aren't making money from them, do you care? Why?
    Todd H
    "Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day..." - Pink Floyd
    Disclaimer: The contents of this post are solely the well-meant ramblings of its author, and any resemblance to fact, intelligent thought, or even educated opinion is purely coincidental.

Keepers: Omega Seamster Pro, Fortis B-42, Eterna Super Kontiki, Ball DM1012B, DJR Chronoscope, Ocean7 LM-1LE, Seiko 6105, Seiko SKZ214

Might not be bad idea to at least place a watermark or text of sort - at least makign it a tad harder for them to lay claim to a shot.

I can see why Yamahaki would be pissed, he has taken great shots of his watches.

Quote Originally Posted by ern1911 View Post
    I can see why Yamahaki would be pissed, he has taken great shots of his watches.
    Yes. I used to write technical articles for an Australian printing magazine some years ago and would find my articles appearing in foreign languages in Europe with no attribution whatsoever. I didn't expect payment but it is nice to be recognised for your efforts. Not just nice; it's polite.
    Steve

the reason I said anything is the time involved for the picture. I can take 40 shots of a watch in hi-rez and only maybe 10 are good. of those ten they need to be processed in photoshop, cropped, lighting added then sized. also they have to be loaded into the computer, filed etc. so when someone says hey, look at my watch using my picture, its alittle irritating.

Sadly, that's the way the internet works these days Your best bet is definitely watermarking -- though it's not uncommon for people to write over them with their own ugly watermarks. I've had pictures 'borrowed' as well, and these days I don't even bother with a watermark or a C&D notice... my time is more valuable then that.

The only way to prevent it... is to not post it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information