Watch possibly lost in the mail. When to file a claim?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Watch possibly lost in the mail. When to file a claim?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Watch possibly lost in the mail. When to file a claim?

Had to send a watch back overseas for some work, 20 days ago.

Watch hasn't arrived yet, and is presumably lost in the mail. How long would you wait to file an insurance claim with the shipping co?

I'd either (a) file a claim right away, or (b) talk to the insurer/shipping company to find out what the rules are on when claims need to be filed for this kind of incident.

If (c) you wait longer without finding out what the rules are, there's a risk you get tripped up by some exclusion which requires you to make claims within some period of time you don't know about.

Depending on where you are mailing to, there may yet be hope - I had some papers mailed to me in Vancouver from New York earlier this year by U.S. Post express mail and they took over 4 months to show up.

Good luck!
    teatimecrumpet likes this.

Re: Watch possibly lost in the mail. When to file a claim?

Not to be less than helpful here but here is my example for you. My wife mailed our son his birthday card on November 12th and addressed it to him in Phoenix, Ak. Now we all know that Phoenix is in Arizona but even with the correct zip code the card traveled around the country and returned to our home on Dember 26th. We noted that she had written Ak instead of Ar for Arizona but the zip code was correct. Wtf? The USPS said it was not deliverable. Really??? Good Luck on your watch amigo.
    Kevin

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well within the allotted time to file, still have about 40 days ...
    Streetboss likes this.

What does the tracking indicate?
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Chopard GO Hamilton Hexa Hublot IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron

I'd go ahead and file, you can always cancel if the package arrives...
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Is there any advice provided in the insurance coverage documentation? Usually insurance comes with specific instructions about every aspect.

I actually won an Orient Mako USA from Worn and Wound and sold it via WUS to someone in Sweden. I shipped it insured via USPS...and it was lost after it left North Houston. I called to make a claim and they gave me a specific date on which I could file a claim. I called on that day and they sent me a claim form. They acknowledged that it was lost. I waited another week and got a letter saying they were denying to pay the insurance claim. There is a clause in the USPS guidelines that says they "may not" reimburse insurance on watches or jewelry...even though they sold me the insurance knowing that I was mailing a watch! I wouldn't use USPS for much of anything, but esp international shipping!
    umarrajs likes this.
    Ball Fireman Stormchaser Pro panda dial / Evant Decodiver Fume Black / Grand Seiko SBGR019 /​Omega Speedmaster Automatic 3510.50 / Orient Bambino FER24005W0 / ​Sinn 6015 Moonphase Chronograph / Seiko Brightz Phoenix automatic chronograph SAGK003 / Steinhart GMT Ocean Black Red / Seiko 5 Sports SNZF17 / Tactico TC2 / Vostok Amphibia with Murphy Manufacturing bezel mod

On order - Ball Roadmaster Marine GMT p
    epsi / Yema Superman Bronze / Ming 17.06 Monolith ​/ Monta Atlas GMT opaline dial

You can certainly go ahead and file but with the holiday season delivery certainly is slow. I bought a strap on Nov 19 and the seller shipped on Nov 22nd from Singapore. Received it this morning.

Nunavut during the school year, Ontario in the summers

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie88 View Post
    I actually won an Orient Mako USA from Worn and Wound and sold it via WUS to someone in Sweden. I shipped it insured via USPS...and it was lost after it left North Houston. I called to make a claim and they gave me a specific date on which I could file a claim. I called on that day and they sent me a claim form. They acknowledged that it was lost. I waited another week and got a letter saying they were denying to pay the insurance claim. There is a clause in the USPS guidelines that says they "may not" reimburse insurance on watches or jewelry...even though they sold me the insurance knowing that I was mailing a watch! I wouldn't use USPS for much of anything, but esp international shipping!
    It's the same here in Canada with Canada Post - the fine print says watches and jewelry are not covered.
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 232.30.42.21.01.001
    Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra >15,000 Gauss 231.10.42.21.01.002 (bumble bee)
    Grand Seiko Caliber 9S 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Mechanical Hi-Beat 36000 SBGH267G
    Casio
    G-Shock GW-5610
    Rolex Explorer 1 114270 (36mm) -requisitioned by my wife

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information