Watch prices differences?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Watch prices differences?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watch prices differences?

Dear WUSers,
    I am wondering what your experiences are like with watches bought from sites such as jomashop and authentic watches. Is there any significant value difference when you try to flip it off at some stage (in good minty condition of course) compared to watches bought from AD? I am talking about a few years down the line when the warranty has expired anyway. Looking to buy my first Rollie 116234 but with the difference in price of almost 2k from the AD, I was thinking of going via the route of jomashop or authenticwatches..What do you guys think?

Cheers,
    Julian.

Inactive

Re: Watch prices differences?

I recommend that you read the reviews for AW.com. Given that, I would say AD, especially with a Rolex since there isn't much difference in price. However, there are dealers on this site that are reputable.

PM'd you a guy...Good luck
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

AW and Jomashop are notorious for extremely bad after sales service, if needed. It sounds like they are a bunch of neanderthal thugs if you read the reviews on Yelp and other sites.

That being said, they do offer great prices and if you get the watch you order, and in fine working shape, I know several people that have purchased and been happy. Just hope that you get what you ordered because it sounds like once you have to start dealing with them on anything that goes wrong...out comes the talons.
    Last edited by wschofield3; May 18th, 2014 at 04:37.

Actually Australia's AD is selling it for ~9200AUD whereas places like AW.com sells it for 6900USD. The differences in price is so significant don't you think? That is why I ask this question..

I've no personal experience with those 2, but have purchased and resold with no problems from Prestigetime and Luxurybazaar (dunno if the discounts are similar to AW and Joma) . . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Méraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Just buy your watch from a good gray site and screw AD's like common sense tells you.
    And no, it won't affect re-sale as long as you have all the boxes and riffraff associated with the watch.
    mrchan and hanzo like this.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Quote Originally Posted by mrchan View Post
    Actually Australia's AD is selling it for ~9200AUD whereas places like AW.com sells it for 6900USD. The differences in price is so significant don't you think? That is why I ask this question..
    Keep in mind that you will pay import duties of around 10% to bring it into Australia. Add that to the FOREX adjusted grey market price of around 7300 and you are around the $8kAUD mark now. When I bought my Tudor from an Adelaide AD, I was able to negotiate over 10% off.

I'd say go have a word with your local AD, you may be surprised. Bringing in overseas watches is a nervous wait with a few potential hidden costs.
    Current rotation:
    Panerai PAM111
    G-Shock Mudman
    Breitling Navitimer A23322
    Bremont Supermarine S300BLK
    Tudor Pelagos 25600TN Black

Incoming: NIL

davidsw is a great source for rolexes. jomashop, authentic watches, and ashford are all reputable grey market dealers, so you be getting authentic watches, but without the warranty card. well worth it when ADs, especially in australia, are all in some conspiracy to screw over everyone in that continent.
    Time Check and hanzo like this.
    :)

14060m, 16200, Pam48, AT8500, El Primero 1969, Speedy FOIS, Antea KS, Orion Minimatik, ST8000SA Tourbillon, Zeppelin 7618-1

want: ALS Saxonia, PP Nautilus,

Quote Originally Posted by ed21x View Post
    ADs, especially in australia, are all in some conspiracy to screw over everyone in that continent.
    Yeah, Australian MSRPs seem absolutely ridiculous given today's exchange rates.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information