Watch Recomendation Needed-Under $1500

Thread: Watch Recomendation Needed-Under $1500

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Watch Recomendation Needed-Under $1500

I'm looking for a watch that I can wear with a suit and casual stuff (e.g. polo and jeans).

My wife wants me to watch the budget, so the real limit is $1000, but I might be able to stretch it to $1500 at most. But $1K or under is better. Something that non-watch people will say that's a nice watch. And yeah, Swiss movement.

I want a quartz, not automatic. Been leaning towards stainless steel, but can be convinced to something else.

I've got a small wrist, so a 39mm dial is preferable, 40 tops. Anything beyond that is too big.

I've looked at the Tag Aquaracer quartz, but my wife is worried its too casual. I did look at the Raymond Weil Tango (5559-ST) today. I also saw online the Longienes HydroConquest., but have not seen it in person.

Any suggestions on those or other watches?

BTW, I want a new watch.

My current, but modest collection is:
    Fossil Titanium Chronograph with a blue dial
    Fossil rectangle watch with black leather strap and rectangle face
    Hamilton automatic (white with gold on black strap) - bought about 16 yrs ago
    Polar heart rate monitor
    Timex Ironman
    Last edited by chasro; April 13th, 2010 at 02:21.

Re: Watch Recomendation Needed-Under $1500

Have you considered an Omega Aqua Terra? The quartz model is 39mm and is available with silver, black, or blue dials. It's a seamaster so water resistance is a non-issue and it looks good in both casual and more formal environments.

Banned

A Breitling Ana-Digi. I can't remember what it is called - B1 Super Quartz? I think there are a few diferent types using basically the same module. They look something like this:

It has analog and digital dispalys so it is highly functional, it is thermo-compensated so it is highly accurate, it's quartz so it's rugged, and it's sexy as hell.

You should be able to find one on a bracelet used on the forums for US$1,000-1,500

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Breitling (Airwolf Raven) doesn't fit into most of the criteria laid out by the OP (new, under 40mm, under $1500 new). It is an awesome watch, but I don't think it works for the OP.

I think the Aqua Terra quartz would work, but if I'm not mistaken, it's not thermocompensated quartz. Personally, I would have a hard time coughing up $1500 for a non-thermocompensated quartz watch. The problem is, most Swiss Made TC watches cost a lot more than that.
    Current Collection (reverse order of acquisition):
    BREITLING Galactic 41|PROMETHEUS Poseidon|BULOVA Moonwatch|SEIKO Tuna SBBN033|BREITLING SO Abyss|SEIKO Pepsi Turtle-X|GRUPPO GAMMA Vanguard|OMEGA PO 8500|ORIS BC4-DM|JEANRICHARD Terrascope|JEANRICHARD Aeroscope|PERPETUAL T-04|BENARUS Moray Vintage|PANERAI 560|LONGINES Heritage 1973|SWATCH Sistem 51|TUDOR Black Bay|BENARUS Moray 42|Ocean7 LM-7PVD|STOWA Antea KS|SEIKO GS SBGR051|G-Shock GS1050B|G-Shock GW7900RD-4|SEIKO SDGA001 EPD|PANERAI 312|BALL EMII DLC|BREITLING Airwolf (circa 2009)|BATHYS HAWAII AquaCulture Rose Ti|SEIKO Ananta SD GMT|BREITLING SuperOcean(circa 2007)|G-Shock Riseman|SEA-GULL M185SP|ORIS F1 Chrono '08

Unfortunately both of the aforementioned watches are beyond my price range. I would love to have an Omega, but family responsibilities being what they are, I really need to try to keep the price below $1,000 US.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

I'm with your wife on this one - you have to be off your nut to more then $300 for a quartz watch. If you do, all you are really wanting is a brand that says 'look at me'.

But it takes all sorts...how much do Omega Quartz Seamasters go for?

I think you are on the right track with the Tag Aquaracer (I like the Calibre S chronograph with the retrograde subdials). But if you want something a little more dressy, what about a Tag Link? I think the white dial chronograph #CJ1111.BA0576 is nice.

I also really like the Omega Aqua Terra which someone already mentioned, but that is going to be at or over the top of your $1500 budget new.

I know you said you wanted Quartz, but is that for budget reasons or convenience?

If it's for budget, have you considered the Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic? It's in your budget new and is very attractive in my opinion. I like WV2210.BA0790

Banned

Does it really have to be Swiss?

Used Grand Seikos are under $1,500, and they are as nice or nicer in every way as the euros. They just cost less.

Citizen do a range of HEQ too (The Citizen), which used, maybe even new, could be in your range.

If it really must be swiss, a mate boguht a Seamaster quartz recently. It's nice enough, and cost around AUD$2,000 from an AD. Which means it's probably around $300 in the States.

A couple of responses that may help.

I want a quartz because I don't want the hassle of having to keep the automatic movement moving. I'm not going to wear the watch every day. Automatic movements are very nice, I like my Hamilton, but for logistical reasons, they are not what I want.

My preference for Swiss is because I want something that will look like a decent watch to some one who is not a watch collector.

Suggestions?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information