Watch Recommendation
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Watch Recommendation

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watch Recommendation

Hey guys,

New member here. I've looked at watches for a year or so now and have been interested in getting one for quite some time. I originally started with TAG and liked their Carrera and Aquaracer models, but then went on the bigger and better things and have recently been very interested in Omega seamasters and a lot of Breitlings models.

I've saved up a bit of money and am planning to spend 5-6k on a watch I can wear casually but looks very smart too. My favorite watch so far has been the Omega 300m Seamaster 007 limited edition and the only thing stopping me from getting it is the dial. Its size is perfect, I want to stay as close as I can to its width and size as I can.

What recommendations do you guys have for this first time watch buyer?

Re: Watch Recommendation

If you like the Seamaster 300M, go with the regular model...

Or, considering your budget, maybe you want to wait for the new Speedmaster Racing..

If you want a Classic, the Speedmaster Pro is always an option (maybe the sapphire sandwich..)

The Speedmasters seem quite busy, I'm more into the simple design of the Seamaster, however the Breitling watches were quite busy and I liked them. Is there any valid reason for choosing the limited edition over the original? Will the value maintain itself more so than the original?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Get whichever watch speaks most to you aesthetically. I wouldn't consider resale too much, as it's just too difficult to predict. Almost no watches maintain an value outside of Pateks, some Rolexes and an occasional oddball piece from others. So, pick what you like best.

I for one, would not pick the 007 version. I think the standard SMP is far nicer, less gimmicky. Just me, mind you. Good luck, let us know what you choose!

Dan
    Current Collection:

Longines Master Collection Moonphase, Deep Blue World Diver 500M, Raymond Weil W1 Chronograph, Tissot PRS516 Chrono, Omega Seamaster 300, Citizen Skyhawk, Citizen Signature Automatic, Orient World Traveler GMT, Accutron VX-200, Citizen Eco Chrono BL5400-52A, Hamilton Cushion Chrono, Breitling Superocean Heritage 46, Orient Star GMT, Seiko Sportura Kinetic GMT

"It's a fake. And that's because all 'is my Patek a fake' posts contain only fake Pateks." quote, WUS member geoffbot

"... The minute a watch costs more than a well equipped Camry, I'd start feeling guilty about the purchase... " quote, WUS member LosTresGatos

"I think the only people who make rational decisions regarding watches are the people that do not post on watch forums." quote, WUS member digivandig

The new non-wave dial Seamaster is a winner.
    TheWalrus and various121 like this.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    The new non-wave dial Seamaster is a winner.

I know - I'm sorely tempted by it every time I see one window shopping. I wasn't sure I'd like the non-wave dial, since the waves were one of my favorite parts of the old SMP - but seeing the new version.... wow. Stunning watch in my opinion.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

There doesn't seem to be much love for the Seamaster 300m in the Omega forum. I do love it, but there are so many watches I like at the moment, some of the less busy Breitlings are really nice, and the Omega SMPO is also very nice.

Way too many options..
    I am also quite young, and need something which wont look ridiculous for my age, whilst still looking impressive.

The Seamaster is a beautiful watch, but the 007 is so gimmicky. I'd look at Jaeger LeCoultre in this price range, far superior to Breitling, Omega, etc.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

Quote Originally Posted by omega1234 View Post
    The Seamaster is a beautiful watch, but the 007 is so gimmicky. I'd look at Jaeger LeCoultre in this price range, far superior to Breitling, Omega, etc.
    J-LC in this price range? where?

Get a JLC or GO, best watch brand for the money in this price range. Check out chrono24.com for some of these watches, I would get a JLC Reverso Duo or a GO Senator for this price
    Current Collection
    Swiss: Rolex Subarmariner 14060, Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50 w/ Mitsukoshi Dial, Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Duo Ref. 2458422, Longines Legend Diver L3.774.4.50.6
    German: Stowa Flieger Klassik (Old Logo, No Date), Damasko DA36, Nomos Tangente Ref. 164
    Japanese: Casio Mudman, G-Shock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information