Watch recommendation for the Boss...
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Watch recommendation for the Boss...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Watch recommendation for the Boss...

And you know who da is, right? .

Friends, I am looking for recommendations for a present to her on her B-Day. She definitely is not a WIS, and do not understand why I have so many pieces. She has a Women'sTag quartz Sub Style from the 90's (got it as a present from her dad on graduation date, but it does not mean she graduated in the 90's since back home watches used to come way later than when they were officially released).

What would be your recommendation in the...
    1. $0 -$500.
    2. $501 -$1000.
    3. $1001-$2000.
    4. $ 2001-$3000.
    5. $3001- ...

range?

It can be second hand or new, does not matter. As I am heavily inclined towards Sub Style watches, that would be my preference however I am all hears !

Thanks a lot !!!

Cheers.

G.
    Seller Feedback, click here ! ---> Feedback. And more via email if required !

Re: Watch recommendation for the Boss...

My wife is not a WIS, I got her a Gucci quartz watch for 300$ it is a nice quartz very unique greenish dial design, very nice bracelet and swiss made. She was very happy with it. Hope this helps. The other option for you to consider might be the Longines they have nice automatic pieces for her in the 1200$ range. Good luck I know how stressful thigh might be ☺

Also worth mentioning that a coworker got his gf a very nice Tissot from amazon, he paid around 500$

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My wife is not WIS, but I see her as an extension of myself...

Although I wanted to get her a Rolex Sub, she did not like the style and the fact it was black, so I bought here a vintage 2Tone Datejust and she loved it ($2000-3000 range)...

However, I did buy her something that I knew I could wear too (or sell rather easily), in case she decided she got tired of it and decided not to wear it anymore, haha. It doesn't look like that is going to happen. She wears it everyday and absolutely loves it! Also, with her being happy with the watch, it also was a distraction which gave me the opportunity to buy myseldf another, lol!
    Last edited by Justin Stacks; April 6th, 2015 at 06:03.
    Present: ROLEX Hulk Submariner, Pepsi GMT 16750 & 2T Datejust 1601 * PANERAI Radiomir PAM183 * IWC Ingenieur Mission Earth * BREITLING Navitimer Olympus * SEIKO Orange Monster * TISSOT PRC200 * SWATCH '86 Lancelot

Past: BREITLING Super Avenger (Sold)
    * OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean XL (Sold) * SEVENFRIDAY P3-1 (Sold) * SEIKO Black Monster (Traded) & Fifty-Five Fathoms Mod (Sold) * HAMILTON '60 Masterpiece Thin-o-matic (Sold)

Hunting:
    AP RO 15400

The Grail (Someday): Patek Philippe Aquanaut

Time is too precious to measure with a cheap watch * The greatest luxury in life is time. Savour every second.

One things I have learned is that my wife does not want me buying her a lot of watches.......and the BEST thing I did was asking her what she wanted in a watch. She is much more pleased wearing the two ~$150 watches that I gave her than the more expensive ones. My wife preferred legibility and comfort over all else. She also prefers quartz over mechanical. The small, petite watches that are nearly useless for telling time, she does not really care for. When I asked, she told me that lol.
    OvrSteer and Watch Hawk 71 like this.
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Mine needed a robust watch to sail with that had a countdown timer for racing starts. Gave her a bunch of choices and after a few trial runs, now wears the black G-9000 as her daily driver. Just wore it to a wedding instead of all the ladylike watches I have given her.

To each their own,,,,good luck to you.

Here is an idea in a small sub style.....Quartz 38mm 12567

Last edited by yankeexpress; April 6th, 2015 at 07:00.
    Fullers1845 likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Cartier Tank or Ballon Bleu. Make sure it's a quartz though. Will make her life easier.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goyoneuff View Post
    And you know who da is, right? .

Friends, I am looking for recommendations for a present to her on her B-Day. She definitely is not a WIS, and do not understand why I have so many pieces. She has a Women'sTag quartz Sub Style from the 90's (got it as a present from her dad on graduation date, but it does not mean she graduated in the 90's since back home watches used to come way later than when they were officially released).

What would be your recommendation in the...
    1. $0 -$500.
    2. $501 -$1000.
    3. $1001-$2000.
    4. $ 2001-$3000.
    5. $3001- ...

range?

It can be second hand or new, does not matter. As I am heavily inclined towards Sub Style watches, that would be my preference however I am all hears !

Thanks a lot !!!

Cheers.

G.
    im married also.

The worst thing I can do is go buy a watch for my wife.

Women. Who can understand.

The best thing to do is set a budget. Then on her birthday, take her to a mall where there's a huge selection of watches and point and say, choose. Buy whatever she likes.

It'll probably be totally opposite of what you would've chosen.

for a woman, that watch will be a tool and an accessory. She will tire of it eventually and wear something else. I would never buy my wife an expensive watch. I would get her a good watch and I would set a budget between $500-$1,000 for a nice watch.

Btw, she may not even want a watch. She may want a nice pair of shoes. Are you sure she wants a watch and it isn't you that wants to get a new watch?

or a nice makeup kit. Girls have a lot of needs. A watch is probably the last thing she wants. Think about her day and what she does for a living. What does she actually need?
    Last edited by Lelocle; April 6th, 2015 at 07:36.
    goyoneuff likes this.

Lots of expensive quartz brands out there like Movado, Baume and Mercier, etc. Then all the fashion brands that most non wis women seem to love.

If I wanted to get something special though would have to be vintage Cartier I think.

Nailed it sir !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelocle View Post
    Are you sure she wants a watch and it isn't you that wants to get a new watch?
    Seller Feedback, click here ! ---> Feedback. And more via email if required !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information