Watch Robbery in the UK
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Watch Robbery in the UK

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Watch Robbery in the UK

Hate to post a link to the Daily .... - but it looks likes one of our WIS brothers has had a really bad day...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dgehammer.html

Banned

Re: Watch Robbery in the UK

Sad to hear. That’s why we carry guns in thus country

Such a shame. I would bet that one of the thieves has a personal connection to the victim. I would bet that they knew exactly what was in that safe before the crime.
    Rolexplorer, LINVS and dub82 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by anaplian View Post
    Hate to post a link to the Daily .... - but it looks likes one of our WIS brothers has had a really bad day...

Woah, the forum software edited out the word H e i l.

I got lost in there for a little while but I managed to escape...
    Squirrell likes this.
    Cheers

M

Current collection: Glycine Combat 6 GL0106, Hamilton Khaki Mechanical H694190, Seiko Sarb 033, Citizen "Ray Mears" BN0118-55E , Casio Edifice EF-503D-1A, VSA Alliance, Citizen NY0040-09e, Seiko "Turtle" SBDY015, Lorus field watch RXF41AX7, Pulsar field watch PS9045, Seiko 5 SNXS77, SNXS73, Favre Leuba Vintage watch.
    Gone but not forgotten: Oris Big Crown Propilot, Seiko SKX009, Orient Star Classic, Citizen "Excalibur" BN0100-51E, Citizen NP4020-51A, Citizen BM8180-03E, Citizen BM6400-00e, VSA Officers day date
    Capture and release: Oris BC3, Hamilton Khaki Field, Timefactors Speedbird 3, Citizen World Timer CB0027-51E

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    Sad to hear. Thatís why we carry guns in thus country
    I think thatís one of the fundamental differences between Europe and the US. Europeans just donít understand the need for gun ownership.

Different strokes

Quote Originally Posted by jbglock View Post
    Such a shame. I would bet that one of the thieves has a personal connection to the victim. I would bet that they knew exactly what was in that safe before the crime.
    It's possible but there's no real support for it. One use for identity thieves is to sell info on plausible targets, for example. If the area is upscale, the victim could've purely been a target of opportunity. The victim's affluence may be an inference from public info/activities.

The poor guy. The mental trauma may be the worst aspect.

Pretty safe bet that the local police will put these guys at the top of the priority list. If the thieves all get blown away during capture...I wouldn't lose any sleep over them.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

I think that’s one of the fundamental differences between Europe and the US. Europeans just don’t understand the need for gun ownership.

Different strokes
    It's not really going to help if you're out on the sun lounger and masked men jump the fence and start beating you, unless you carry your gun around all the time. Shower, BBQ, washing the car, all the time.

However, on a related and more miserable point - lets say he wired the safe up to mains electricity as a trap. He'd end up in court if the crooks get zapped. THAT's what's really broken in the UK law system.

As I'm reading about this I just today have been watching Paul Thorpe's videos detailing his three robberies in the UK, one of which where he actually got arrested for trying to defend himself from what was in essence attempted murder. Shocking stories, and certainty worth a listen for those who haven't checked them out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    As I'm reading about this I just today have been watching Paul Thorpe's videos detailing his three robberies in the UK, one of which where he actually got arrested for trying to defend himself from what was in essence attempted murder. Shocking stories, and certainty worth a listen for those who haven't checked them out already.
    Have you got a ink ?

I know google is my friend but a quick google shows hes got a lot of stuff out there...
    Cheers

M

Current collection: Glycine Combat 6 GL0106, Hamilton Khaki Mechanical H694190, Seiko Sarb 033, Citizen "Ray Mears" BN0118-55E , Casio Edifice EF-503D-1A, VSA Alliance, Citizen NY0040-09e, Seiko "Turtle" SBDY015, Lorus field watch RXF41AX7, Pulsar field watch PS9045, Seiko 5 SNXS77, SNXS73, Favre Leuba Vintage watch.
    Gone but not forgotten: Oris Big Crown Propilot, Seiko SKX009, Orient Star Classic, Citizen "Excalibur" BN0100-51E, Citizen NP4020-51A, Citizen BM8180-03E, Citizen BM6400-00e, VSA Officers day date
    Capture and release: Oris BC3, Hamilton Khaki Field, Timefactors Speedbird 3, Citizen World Timer CB0027-51E

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast