Watch satisfaction as compared to current activity.
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Watch satisfaction as compared to current activity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Has this ever happened to you? I made this graph mostly in jest, but I did wonder if others have experienced the same phenomena.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WatchGraph.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	12648779
    *Note: Does not apply to the Omega Speedmaster or Rolex 114060 Sub (no date) ;)
    Last edited by Zelig; November 12th, 2017 at 02:35.
    jlow28 and Toothbras like this.

Re: Watch satisfaction as compared to current activity.

“What Have I Done”, awesome! 🤣
    Zelig likes this.

I don't take anything that Hodinkee writes seriously, so by extension I'm also absolutely beyond caring as to what's in their comments section. That said, can't relate.
    Zelig likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

When I read Hodinkee I feel like I should have a fixed gear bike and spend thousands of dollars per year on moustache wax and argyle socks.
    Zelig, Toothbras, Fantasio and 1 others like this.

[QUOTE=mkws;44532131]I don't take anything that Hodinkee writes seriously, so by extension I'm also absolutely beyond caring as to what's in their comments section.

I do enjoy Hodinkee personally... I think they're even-handed for the most part, but the user comments can be tough to take. A generalization obviously, but I find I'm happy when taken in small doses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
    I think they're even-handed for the most part, but the user comments can be tough to take.
    Even-handed... Nope. Definitely not in the reviews of watches by brands they have cooperated with (Zenith, Vacheron Constantin, TAG Heuer, Ressence...), and absolutely not in vintage watch coverage. The latter just oozes ulterior motive.

Bring a Loupe has often advertised watches with authenticity issues, and the Shop has sold a considerable number of watches in very poor technical condition (dirty, unserviced movements, some with a substantial amount of rust and visible water-inflicted damage), redials, and recently a franken obvious even to total rookies ("Incabloc" on the dial, and inside - a non-shockproof movement with inscriptions coarsely removed from the chronograph bridge). Stuff like Ben Clymer hyping redials is yet another unpalatable thing. That said, I really don't like the fact, that they did and do deliberately steer vintage watch collectors towards the rocks.

Their reviews of contemporary watches made by brands they're not cooperating with - these are OK. Sadly, only a fraction of the content of the site being OK is not enough, and it certainly doesn't make the questionable part of the entire content any less questionable.
    maylebox and Karlisnet like this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mkws View Post
    Even-handed... Nope. Definitely not in the reviews of watches by brands they have cooperated with (Zenith, Vacheron Constantin, TAG Heuer, Ressence...), and absolutely not in vintage watch coverage. The latter just oozes ulterior motive.

Bring a Loupe has often advertised watches with authenticity issues, and the Shop has sold a considerable number of watches in very poor technical condition (dirty, unserviced movements, some with a substantial amount of rust and visible water-inflicted damage), redials, and recently a franken obvious even to total rookies ("Incabloc" on the dial, and inside - a non-shockproof movement with inscriptions coarsely removed from the chronograph bridge). Stuff like Ben Clymer hyping redials is yet another unpalatable thing. That said, I really don't like the fact, that they did and do deliberately steer vintage watch collectors towards the rocks.

Their reviews of contemporary watches made by brands they're not cooperating with - these are OK. Sadly, only a fraction of the content of the site being OK is not enough, and it certainly doesn't make the questionable part of the entire content any less questionable.
    Fair enough. Thanks for chiming in, I do appreciate the additional perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fish70 View Post
    When I read Hodinkee I feel like I should have a fixed gear bike and spend thousands of dollars per year on moustache wax and argyle socks.
    Lol this is so f-ing funny but sadly so damn accurate. Every single talking watches or friday live I watch I think, “do these guys purposely look as punchable as possible as some sort of inside hipster joke? I live in the midwest of the good ‘ol U-S-of-A so maybe the NY thing is lost on me, but I just can’t imagine any human male can dress themselves this way and look in the mirror with a straight face
    mkws likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    I live in the midwest of the good ‘ol U-S-of-A so maybe the NY thing is lost on me, but I just can’t imagine any human male can dress themselves this way and look in the mirror with a straight face
    People in the mid-west don't wear shirts?
    Zelig likes this.

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    People in the mid-west don't wear shirts?
    Not this kind lol. Looks like they're both about to head to a concert of a band that plays electronic music on an apple computer from 1988 and the coat check girl at the concert venue is actually a vegan cat who thinks immunizing your child is evil

fish70, mkws, davelemi and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information