Watch shopping in Paris

Thread: Watch shopping in Paris

Watch shopping in Paris

I will be in Paris and am looking for recommendations on watch shops to check out. Any suggestions on watch shops that either:
    1. Vintage and pre-owned watches
    2. Recommended Authorized dealers for Blancpain, JLC, Nomos or Panerai

Thank you for your recommendations.

Re: Watch shopping in Paris

Not answering your question exactly but from my many trips to Paris, the area around Place Vendome have a lot of watch boutiques as well as the area around Faubourg St Honore have some such as Wempe. Never really done serious watch shopping in Paris. Also the high-end department store Galleries Lafayette and its competitor have small watch boutiques from most major brands on one of their main floors. Obviously great for window shopping...

Colette in Rue St Honore have some Gshocks all the way to Bamfords too

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There's a Seiko boutique in Paris, and then there's a ton of luxury brands around Place Vendôme
    WatchUSee is WatchIGot
    Casio - G-Shock GW-5000-1jf |
    Garmin - Forerunner 245 Music | Grand Seiko - Snowflake (SBGA011) | Longines - Master Collection (L2.673) | | MeisterSinger - Panagaea Day Date|Monta -Triumph | Nomos Glashutte - Club Datum | Orient - Mako mod | Rolex - Explorer I (214270 mk2) | Seiko - SKX007/09 mods | Stowa- Klassik Flieger

There is a whole floor with watch botiques at the Printemps on Hausmann street. its great if you want to browse a whole bunch of brands at once.

Keep in mind that in Paris you will be paying about 12% sales tax. If you are a resident of a non-EU country you can reclaim it but make sure you request a duty free receipt. Also allocate extra time at the airport for the tax refund paperwork and waiting in line, else you could miss your flight

Quote Originally Posted by GenericWatcher View Post
    There is a whole floor with watch botiques at the Printemps on Hausmann street. its great if you want to browse a whole bunch of brands at once.
    Yeah, this especially. Great selection of brands there - I finally saw the blue dialled Glashutte Panomatic I person and it is going to be my next watch, I think.
    They also had Jean Richard, Blancpain, JLC, Bremont, etc there.

They don't discount off MRP, though - although I only inquired very discreetly, as I wasn't ready to buy. Who knows - if you pull out the money, they might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B, Oris 65/42 blue

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will definitely check out Printemps, Place Vendome etc.

For what it is worth, I found the following pre-owned shops in Paris and if you have any experience with them, please let me know.

rivewatch
    Accueil | AntoineDeMacedo - Montres neuves & de collection - Paris
    Magasin Montres de collection achat Rolex Paris - L'In-Temporel
    Romain Réa - Expert horloger - Paris - Montres de collection anciennes, neuves et d'occasion

Banned

After you acquire your new piece(s), be sure to swing by ABP at 28 Place du Marche Saint-Honore and order a bespoke strap or two. Peruse their website beforehand (abp-paris.com) to get an idea of what you might like. They will pull out various skins for you to inspect and you can select where on the hide you want your pieces cut from. Select liner material and thread. Specify measurements (if you use a certain deployant, have it with you) and hole count and location. They'll mail it to you when it's done. Don't expect much if any email communication between your visit and notice of shipment.

Call before you go. They're closed Mon, and open Sat, I believe. They may close for August holiday.

Thread Information