Watch strap does not need to match shoes/belt
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Watch strap does not need to match shoes/belt

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Watch strap does not need to match shoes/belt

I was looking through the current Details magazine and there was a full page of pictures of dress watches with dark faces and brown straps. At the top it said something like, "You should always match the shoes with the belt. But a fine watch with a brown leather strap and dark face is always a good choice, regardless of the color of your wingtips."

Re: Watch strap does not need to match shoes/belt

Yeah I'd go along with that. No hard and fast rules regarding watch straps. But, it does look pretty cool if the leather strap comes close to matching the shoes and belt too.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by G M Fude View Post
    ...it does look pretty cool if the leather strap comes close to matching the shoes and belt too.
    I'm thinking white patent leather, perhaps a matching vest for the dog

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by snorkeler View Post
    I'm thinking white patent leather, perhaps a matching vest for the dog
    But with the white suit and hat, shoes, belt and watch strap, it is permissible to wear a large contrasting (e.g. pink) feather in the hat band. Preferably it matches the pink upholstery of the Cadillac.

At least, this ensemble impresses the ho's I manage.
    Steve

Do you coordinate your watch face and strap colors with belts and shoes?

Just wondering if I am perhaps the only neurotic one regarding this. If I am wearing a brown belt I do not want to wear a black leather watch strap or black shoes.

Of course I try to coordinate the color of the watch face with the rest of my outfit but I assume that is pretty standard however I am curious if others go so far as to coordinate with belts and shoes too.

Re: Do you coordinate your watch face and strap colors with belts and shoes?

I dont worry so much about belt/shoes, but then Im a techie that gets to wear functional business casual. This consists of a pair of comfy boots, khaki style cargos (usually police uniform supply), and an untucked polo or short sleeve button down. I sometimes get dirty/dusty working on computers or running cable, and I don't see clients except as a remote entity on the phone or via webex. I wear my watches based on what I think ill be doing that day, so the Ecozilla stays home some days or Id be clunking into all kinds of things. I wear my nicer autos on days when my hands wont be inside a computer. If its disassembly day Ill usually be wearing a Gshock or Frogman. You aren't neurotic at all, though. If I was still performing in vocal ensembles It mate the watch to my tuxedo in some capacity or another. If I wear a suit Ill try to match it up, but I rarely wear a tie for anything except funerals anymore.
    "...All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.....
    ----------------------------------

I wear a suit and tie every weekday and on one or two weekends per month and I always coordinate my watch straps with my belts and shoes. It's just right, for me!
    Caveat lector

That is not a matter of being neurotic or a WIS, everyone with a sense of style should do the same. Belt, shoes, watch strap, wallet...basically every leather item you are wearing should be of the same color. Of course this applies more to a formal attire rather than a working one, but that is the basic idea.

I've only got one watch on leather at the moment which makes life easier. Generally I aspire to do this but don't beat myself up too much as long as the overall combo works.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

Yes, and I thought this was just another one of my own crazy habits. Glad to know I am in good company!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information