Watch suggestions
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Watch suggestions

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Watch suggestions

I was on the Rolex/Tudor forum and after much discussion with many people we decided that the Rolex SS Daytona ceramic white dial that I want is never gonna happen. So I opened it up to suggestions for something different but as it was in a thread Rolex/Tudor forum they suggested that I ask this question here were I can get a more varied response.

I’d like to get a chronograph, white dial or other cool color, no more than $15k, and let’s have fun with this. Don’t limit your responses, the more brands the merrier, it doesn’t even have to be a chronograph but that is what I’m looking for but fun is more important.
    fskywalker likes this.

Re: Watch suggestions

If you really want the Rolex, then don't go for an alternative - work out a way to get that Rolex.
    Anything else is an express ticket to Flipwatch Junction by way of Regretsville.
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour être heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthjade View Post
    If you really want the Rolex, then don't go for an alternative - work out a way to get that Rolex.
    Anything else is an express ticket to Flipwatch Junction by way of Regretsville.
    This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    JacobC likes this.
    Francisco
    Ω 2535.80 / 3592.50 / 2232.30 / 2504.52 / 168.022
    16610 / 18239

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wait and get what you want!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So, the OP says, I want but CAN'T get a Daytona, and the first responders all say, in essence, "get it". I am guessing the rather hefty price tag of the Daytona has contributed to the "never going to happen" scenario, particularly with a stated price limit of $15K--my own suggestion is much much cheaper, and extremely well made, great looking and a little (but not too) different--the Ball Trainmaster Cannonball.
    Attached Images Attached Images

domayotte, rcsub and Suds like this.

A Ball Trainmaster as an alternative to a Daytona?
    I can't tell if this is a joke.
    jsohal, City74, Ipromise and 4 others like this.
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour être heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

From a chrono perspective, I'd go with many of the special edition speedies, like the dark side of the moon. I don't care for the "moon watch", but really like many of the other versions. I believe there is also a gray speedie as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Have: DOXA SUB1200t, Omega SMPq, Oris Diver Small Second Hand, Rolex Explorer II (w), Seiko Prospex SUN023, Tag Heuer Monza, Victorinox DM500q
    Want: Something dressy

Just get the Rolex. If you change your mind, you probably won't lose anything on the resale.
    Earthjade likes this.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

It's not like he would be the first person that was thousands of dollars away from a dream watch.
    Alternatives and good-enoughs are just asking for trouble and lost money.
    rcsub likes this.

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe with that beautiful blue dial or Vacheron Constantin Overseas with white or grey dial, but the VC might be a little over budget at retail.
    ajbutler13, rcsub and psbero like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information