I want to buy myself a decent watch, and I'd value any suggestions for makes/models to consider, to meet what I would have thought were some fairly easily satisfied criteria but which don't seem to be met by anything I ever see when browsing shop windows...
For example - if this had a rotating bezel it would tick every box:
- Fairly chunky (I like Oris, for example).
- Stainless steel case & bracelet.
- Day & Date.
- No minor dials, pointers, knobs or buttons.
- Simple rotating bezel - not a Tachymetric one.
- Reasonably classic design, overall. I'm not a boring stick-in-the-mud, but I don't want it to look dated in 5 year's time
- Only regular water resistance needed - I don't even swim, let alone dive, but I don't want to have to take it off to do the washing up.
- Preferably no more than £500-600.
- Preferably mechanical automatic.