A watch that's become part of my collection, unexpectedly... Victorinox INOX content
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: A watch that's become part of my collection, unexpectedly... Victorinox INOX content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A watch that's become part of my collection, unexpectedly... Victorinox INOX content

A few months ago I picked up a watch that had intrigued me since its release; the Victorinox INOX. My first "major" watch purchase as a young 'un was a Casio G-Shock, so I've always had a thing for so-called "tough" watches, and the INOX definitely appealed for this reason.

I watched all the whacky promo videos of the watch being run over by Plant Machinery etc and tried to not let the child come out in me. This worked, until one day, a sale came up and the watch was at a price I couldn't say no to. A few days later, this arrived...

I'd gone for the blue dial, as it was different to what's normally in my collection. I hoped it would stand out amongst the black dials of most of my watches. The blue is not a navy, but not a Royal Blue either. It's somewhere in-between and works well with the matte finish of the dial itself.

A few weeks in, I spotted a NATO come up for sale in the SC. It came with a Swiss Army Knife (bonus) and had the right colours to act the watch head. I'm not a massive fan of the rubber straps that come with these so the NATO made a welcome change. Once fitted, it allowed me to wear the watch more comfortably, and I preferred the aesthetics as well.

The INOX comes with a rubber guard. It takes seconds to fit and remove but I also imagine it may be easy to lose. I never saw myself using it, but I have to admit I actually have done. The main reason I've used it is... to protect the finish of the watch.

When I say I'm impressed with the quality of the finishing on this watch, I really mean I'm IMPRESSED. The mirror polish is up there with watches many times the price, and the satin brushed areas are super satin and very fine. There isn't too much in terms of complicated angles and various finishes, but what's there is done well.

The watch is relatively thick, but not terribly so. I like its height, and I guess if it is a tough watch, it's unlikely to be designed as a "slimline" watch.

The crown is thick, and very well protected against knocks. Along with the screw-down case-back, it allows for 200M Water Resistance, but the watch isn't suitable as a divers watch due to the lack of bezel, and unfortunately not the best lume in the watch world.

So this is a watch that was bought on a whim, and is at the lower value spectrum of my collection, but still a very fine addition. I like its simplistic design, its fantastic finishing, its heft and its accuracy. If you're in the market for a three-hander, it's well worth considering.

I've added a video review to my growing YouTube channel here:

Re: A watch that's become part of my collection, unexpectedly... Victorinox INOX content

Awesome watch, beautiful colored dial, great review, thx for the post!!!
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Re: A watch that's become part of my collection, unexpectedly... Victorinox INOX content

Nice watch! It is on my list (although not in the top 5). Nice pictures too. I allways preferred the black version, but on nato your blue I.N.O.X. looks very attractive. Though the look is great, for me the feel of a thin nato would possibly be too much out of balance with the hefty watch. I wonder how the blue version would look on steel. The original I.N.O.X. bracelet is very expensive though.

The polished surfaces are prone to scratching. Do not use the rubber guard in sandy environments, sandy particles will get stuck under it and you'll end up with more scratches even. It will protect against dents if you're changing a tyre or so, but only put in on if guard and watch both are clean.
    Considering all the toughness that is in the watch, I wished they hardened the case too keep it looking good.

Enjoy it!
    Last edited by Horatius; December 28th, 2015 at 14:52.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Awesome watch and awesome photos/review.

I had the black dial and flipped it for the red dial to get some color in my collection. They are nice watches and I will probably always have one.
    omeglycine likes this.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Great write up on the INOX. I also really like the strap you've chosen. The finish of the watch is certainly very impressive for the price, though given the design and purpose of the watch, perhaps a bit wasted. I know mine (red dial) has taken a few scratches in the line of tool watch duty!

The strap came with the watch. I believe it was included with a knife or something when you bought the watch from a European brick and mortar AD. I asked VSA about that strap and they were happy to sell me one... for $80. I passed.
    omeglycine likes this.

An intriguing quartz option. I like the geometry of the case, the case finishes, the simplistic dial choices, and the date treatment...
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

I have the green one on stock green rubber and love the watch. Really want to get one of their stock bracelets for it but will settle for something from Strapcode. I believe your blue is "cavalry blue". I had a 2011 FJ Cruiser in that color and if you google it you'll find some old military uniforms that match.

Really good tough watch that is well designed, priced and executed. Congrats
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Banned

Nice watch, awesome pictures
    Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information