A Watch Too Popular?
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: A Watch Too Popular?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

A Watch Too Popular?

Were you ever thinking of buying a watch but decided not to because it was a very popular model? If you're going to spend a lot of money on a watch, would you prefer something unique that most people haven't seen, or would it not bother you that you might run into someone else wearing the same watch (e.g. a co-worker)?

Re: A Watch Too Popular?

Quote Originally Posted by sybomax View Post
    Were you ever thinking of buying a watch but decided not to because it was a very popular model? If you're going to spend a lot of money on a watch, would you prefer something unique that most people haven't seen, or would it not bother you that you might run into someone else wearing the same watch (e.g. a co-worker)?
    Doesn't bother me at all! Honestly!
    rics21 likes this.

There are an awful lot of different watches out there, even from the mainstream manufacturers. Just Rolex alone offers about eleventy thousand different model variations. I'd actually find it very odd if someone had the same watch as me -- it would be like them wearing the same shirt or something.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I buy what I like. Not too many opinions matter to me.
    falcon4311 likes this.

The closest I've ever seen to something like one of mine was a Lady Reverso. An old lady was wearing it. The only expensive watches I commonly see are Rolex and Panerai.
    Nomos Club datum | Seiko SNZH57 Fifty Five Fathoms | Vintage Nivada Grenchen | Zenith El Primero Prime | Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande Taille

Banned

It doesnt bother me either , however am a big fan of tag heuer
    at2011, sk412 and falcon4311 like this.

i was really wanting to buy a ball fireman racer. then a package comes in from amazon for my boss, in it was a ball fireman racer. he's not even a WIS. what the??? it would really be awkward now if i bought one too.
    ChiefWahoo and falcon4311 like this.

Sometimes I don't wear my SubC because of where I will be/who I will be with that day. Just one of those things. I'm self-concious in the opposite way - I don't want to attract certain attention. Honestly, my Explorer II gets so much wrist time because I never feel showy with it on and I never worry about others recognising it as an expensive watch.

My conscience won't allow me to wear an overtly showy or expensive watch. How messed up is that? WIS have all the problems, I tell you...
    Current Collection: Sinn U1; Omega Speedmaster 3570.50; Seiko SARB033; Casio PRW-3000-1A, G-5600A-7DR; Jaeger Le-Coultre Reverso Grande Taille; Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical ref. H69429931; A. Lange & Sőhne 1815 UP/DOWN; Swatch Sistem51, and some others...

I've just picked up a JLC. Started with a basket of four brands when I started the hunt for my first luxury dress watch. Dropped IWC and Omega as they are common/popular brands. It was down to a fight between Zenith and JLC. And after lurking in WUS for weeks, I decided on the JLC MC.
    PanzerOrange, bacari and Clouseau like this.

I only wear watches that are favored by successful or popular people. It's the best way to know you're making the right choice.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information