Watch Tools

Thread: Watch Tools

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Watch Tools

Good Evening!

Im not a newbie to this forum as i had my laptop stolen and lost all my login details and emails logins.... :oops: How easy is it to forget.

Basically just wanted to know what you prefer Watch Tool wise???

As i started most of my tools where A*F as many people recommend Bergeon Watch Tools. Now people are telling me Horotec

Which do you use....

The only site supplying Horotec i can find is

http://www.ofrei.com/page977.html

The site i use for my Bergeon Tools is

http://www.watchtool.co.uk

Where do you go and what do you use?

Re: Watch Tools

Most of my tools are Bergeon. i do have a few Horotec tools. I don't have any preference from one to another. Both are fine brands and you won't go wrong with either. It is the tools sold on eBay and other discount places that should be avoided. While some work OK, most break easily or damage your watch from the poor quality. I started with these cheap tools and quickly bought some quality tools. My initial purchase, while under $100 USD was a waste of money. I usually shop around for my tools and get certain things here and certain things there. I try to find used when I can. Do the Google search thing for the tools you want and you ought to get lots of options.

Smurfe

I haven't tried Horotec but I do use Bergeon. I'm not especially good with my hands and as a result I'm hard on any tools I use. The Bergeon has survived 12 months of misuse and physical abuse and is still in the same condition as when I first opened the package. Gets my tick of approval.

On your other topic, I feel for your loss of passwords etc. Have you thought of using something like SplashID and storing your passwords in synchronisation on a PDA or mobile phone or BlackBerry? It's one of the few items of software I doubt I could live without -- for reasons I'm sure you understand!
    Steve

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

owen

Hey guys,

I have many Bergeon tools and have spent many hours trying in vain to find a reliable source that can supply at a reasonable price!

I'm looking for a set of mainspring greasing tweezers, the ones that Rolex supply. I know that Bergeon make them but cannot find any.

Anyone got any ideas??

Owen.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Hey guys,

I have many Bergeon tools and have spent many hours trying in vain to find a reliable source that can supply at a reasonable price!

I'm looking for a set of mainspring greasing tweezers, the ones that Rolex supply. I know that Bergeon make them but cannot find any.

Anyone got any ideas??

Owen.
    Have you looked at Uncle Larry's? Good source of hard to find tools. Mostly used but some good prices. You might look there.

http://www.execulink.com/~lfoord/index/horology.htm

Smurfe

stuffler,mike

Most of my tools are made by Bergeon. My tools for strap change or bracelet sizing are no-name-products bought from ebay, stetefeld-design or other online-stores.

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

Bergeon, Horotec and A*F are all good brands. Anchor tools, from India, are OK if you can hand pick the ones that look the best.

All things considered, everything I have ordered from Frei or Borel has been acceptable, irregardless of the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Hey guys,

Anyone got any ideas??

Owen.
    Hello Owen,

I ordered mine from http://www.watchtool.co.uk i asked them and they had them just wasn't on the site.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by G M Fude View Post
    I haven't tried Horotec but I do use Bergeon. I'm not especially good with my hands and as a result I'm hard on any tools I use. The Bergeon has survived 12 months of misuse and physical abuse and is still in the same condition as when I first opened the package. Gets my tick of approval.

On your other topic, I feel for your loss of passwords etc. Have you thought of using something like SplashID and storing your passwords in synchronisation on a PDA or mobile phone or BlackBerry? It's one of the few items of software I doubt I could live without -- for reasons I'm sure you understand!
    Thanks for your help with that.... I do have a BlackBerry so i have started looking into this now!

Thanks for your advice....

May save me in the future..

Can anyone reccomend a decent caseback opener that will not break the bank? Is removing casebacks generally an easy operation?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information