A Watch with Twin Power Reserve Indicators: Schwarz Etienne with Lemania 8876 - Page 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: A Watch with Twin Power Reserve Indicators: Schwarz Etienne with Lemania 8876

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: A Watch with Twin Power Reserve Indicators: Schwarz Etienne with Lemania 8876

Quote Originally Posted by WATCH-er View Post
    So this is capable of being factory finish?Asking because this was one of the factors weighing in my mind while putting a cap on the price I wanted to pay.I felt it was'nt factory finish
    An example of nice lume .....

Name:  17379272-lg.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  113.8 KB

The thicker, the better the glow .....

Name:  15084632-lg.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  120.4 KB

Bob
    WATCH-er likes this.

A Watch with Twin Power Reserve Indicators: Schwarz Etienne with Lemania 8876

If Breguet is actually involved in this movement, I don't need to hear anything else. If you can afford it and like the style, buy it.

I do have a crappy I phone 4, but that lume looks very nicely applied. Good depth and curvature. It does not appear flat, but sculpted. I would imagine this to be difficult and time consuming. However, crappy phone,and I have never applied lume.
    Last edited by nello; January 22nd, 2015 at 21:56.
    WATCH-er likes this.

Re: A Watch with Twin Power Reserve Indicators: Schwarz Etienne with Lemania 8876

By the looks of things, and these seem substantially corroborated SE, manufactures its own movements as well as using ETA ebauches. They have even developed a Tourbillon which was made in an extremely limited quantity and sold in said number of watches.
    Regarding the watch in question, it looks interesting enough, and it reminds me of a Dubey & schaldenbrand or even a Franck Muller; however I don't know enough about it to try to persuade you one way or the other. If you like it enough, and think this is a keeper I would say go for it. If you are not sure and think you'll flip it down the line, I think you will take a big hit.

The Swiss watch planet in movement – Part 9 | Europa Star Magazine

Schwarz Etienne Watches

watch around: l'horlogerie suisse authentique: The race for in-house calibres

Cheers
    WATCH-er likes this.
    Andres

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Better readable in white methinks

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  94.5 KB
    WATCH-er likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by nello View Post
    If Breguet is actually involved in this movement, I don't need to hear anything else. If you can afford it and like the style, but it.

I do have a crappy I phone 4, but that lume looks very nicely applied. Good depth and curvature. It does not appear flat, but sculpted. I would imagine this to be difficult and time consuming. However, crappy phone,and I have never applied lume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmks View Post
    An example of nice lume .....

Name:  17379272-lg.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  113.8 KB

The thicker, the better the glow .....

Name:  15084632-lg.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  120.4 KB

Bob
    Well then, I stand corrected.

The movement inside is the main attraction.Being from Lemania, I have'nt come accross any other watch sporting this movement.I believe, within a budget of $1500 there are choices for power reserve indicator complications, just want to make an informed decision regards the quality of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Better readable in white methinks

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  94.5 KB
    Is it?

But then the white one you've posted is missing the lume discussed above.Maybe white examples didn't come with lume (probably a drawback).

Also, the strap isn't what the SE originally came with if I'm not mistaken.Below is the original strap on a white example with the material seen on the black watch as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by WATCH-er; January 22nd, 2015 at 18:31.

Is it?
    Then again, the white doesn't seem to have the kind of lume the black one has.

Why this discrepency?

Also, the strap on the white one, isn't what the SE originally came with if I'm not mistaken.
    The kind of lume used in both watches looks about the same...an off white cast with a greenish tinge. Both have lumed hands. The numerals on the silver dialed version are painted black with tiny lume markers at the quarters while the numerals on the black dialed version appear to be done with lume paint. With the stylish black numerals that are completely flat I find the silver dial version a little more refined looking and more attractive.

That first watch must be used. I can't imagine a watchmaker selling a watch with a strap that looks like it was installed at WalMart.

The power reserve is a visually interesting feature that can actually be of some practical use. However the fractional "fuel gauge" display is not as informative as one showing the hours remaining.
    Last edited by John MS; January 22nd, 2015 at 18:31.
    WATCH-er likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    I can't imagine a watchmaker selling a watch with a strap that looks like it was installed at WalMart.

The power reserve is a visually interesting feature that can actually be of some practical use. However the fractional "fuel gauge" display is not as informative as one showing the hours remaining.
    Yes the first example is used.However as far as the strap is concerned the texture is common with the white example I posted(only differing in colour), leading me to believe it must have been a standard fitment on this model.

The "fuel gauge" display as you aptly put it is indeed low on functionality.

Yes the first example is used.However as far as the strap is concerned the texture is common with the white example I posted(only differing in colour), leading me to believe it must have been a standard fitment on this model.

The "fuel gauge" display as you aptly put it is indeed low on functionality.
    My concern was with the strap being way too small. Not the texture.
    WATCH-er likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    My concern was with the strap being way too small. Not the texture.
    Well,good miss for me then, with so many drawbacks.

It was the movement that interested me, however, with so little info on it I would'nt have taken an expensive(read exceeding 1k) punt on this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information