A Watch with Twin Power Reserve Indicators: Schwarz Etienne with Lemania 8876
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: A Watch with Twin Power Reserve Indicators: Schwarz Etienne with Lemania 8876

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A Watch with Twin Power Reserve Indicators: Schwarz Etienne with Lemania 8876

Hello all,

I have been contemplating on a watch with the Power Reserve Indicator complication and came accross a model by SE with a Lemania 8876 movement.I narrowly missed out on winning one on the bay.How sophisticated is the Lemania 8876?I'm asking because I have'nt seen much information on this movement here as well as the web.To top it, here seems to be a lack of information on this watch brand which seems to be better known in Germany/Austria. Searching online I could come across a similar model, albeit in white on a couple of other forums.

Could anyone here tell me more about the movement?Is the double power reserve indicator complication solely found on higher end watches?What is it about this movement that warrants exclusivity which sellers generally tout as a selling point?

The one I missed out on the bay is pictured below.Not sure if it will prove a dear miss, especially since the markers on the black dial almost seem to be crudely filled with lume as an afterthought.Is this a dial defect or is meant to be like this.The numbers almost seem "lumpy", for lack of a better word.Has the dial been re-lumed?

Coming to my main query, is the Lemania 8876 used in any other watches of repute?Something that is still in production within $1500 used?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by WATCH-er; January 22nd, 2015 at 12:39.

Re: A Watch with Twin Power Reserve Indicators: Schwarz Etienne with Lemania 8876

Do not understand the need for two reserve indicators?
    Would like some info on this watch/movement as well.

Re: A Watch with Twin Power Reserve Indicators: Schwarz Etienne with Lemania 8876

Quote Originally Posted by nello View Post
    Do not understand the need for two reserve indicators?
    Would like some info on this watch/movement as well.
    This makes no sense. Honestly, two reserve indicators for the same power source? Duh. That's like having two date windows that only show the same date? WTF. This is a stupid watch, sorry.
    WATCH-er likes this.
    "In the Eighties we were so amazingly primitive we still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I cant give any info on the brand or the movement but 2 power reserve indicators on a singular movement brings the word redundant to a whole new level.

And how about a strap that actually fits the lug width?
    Last edited by Yankees2351; January 22nd, 2015 at 15:27.
    WATCH-er likes this.
    Breitling Navitimer World (4/2011-8/2014) / Brietling Super Avenger
    Omega Seamaster GMT aqua terra / Tag heuer Monaco re-issue
    Oris Carlos Coste LE / Oris miles tonneau / Swiss Army Airboss mach 7
    Swiss Army Airboss mach 4 / Swiss Army dual time zone
    Swiss Army vintage day date / Chase Durer Air combat command
    Chase Durer Cloud chaser / Citizen Nighthawk ss / Tissot Sea Star 1000 chrono
    Citizen Nighthawk black ion / G-shock ga-1000fc compass / Invicta Terra militare Timex Iron Man 50 lap counter / Mickey Mouse on nato strap / ESQ chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees2351 View Post
    I cant give any info on the brand or the movement but 2 power reserve indicators on a singular movement brings the word redundant to a whole new level.
    Arnold and Son make a model called "Time Pyramid" which has the same complication along with some other complications.

As per my understanding, it has something to do with two separate barrels for power, each indicator dedicated to one barrell.

Jokes apart, I was more interested in knowing the quality of the movement that lies beneath, as the Lemania movement is now exclusive to Breguet.
    Last edited by WATCH-er; January 22nd, 2015 at 16:20.
    Stellite likes this.

I would think the movement has twin barrels/mainsprings.

Lumpy lume? No, looks great. Just a good amount applied. I like that it adds depth to the dial. Better than just a painted flat look.

Bob
    WATCH-er likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees2351 View Post
    And how about a strap that actually fits the lug width?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Time View Post
    This.
    Its the original strap.From whatever images I could google.

WATCH-er likes this.
    Andres

Quote Originally Posted by Robmks View Post

Lumpy lume? No, looks great. Just a good amount applied. I like that it adds depth to the dial. Better than just a painted flat look.

Bob

So this is capable of being factory finish?Asking because this was one of the factors weighing in my mind while putting a cap on the price I wanted to pay.I felt it was'nt factory finish

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Time View Post
    This.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information