Which watch for under $200

Thread: Which watch for under $200

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which watch for under $200

Hi all,

Looking to spend a maximum of $200 on a watch for my son's birthday (he'll be 13).

I'm thinking something sporty but more grown up than just a kid's watch. Any recommendations?

I like these:

http://www.thewatchery.com/Hamilton-...atch-9643.htm?

Slightly over-budget but cool:

http://www.jacobtime.com/osc/product...ns+Watch+98H29

Basic but smart:

http://www.globalwatchmarket.com/Jac...i/28406.aspx?1

Re: Which watch for under $200

V8

The Hamilton is kind of ugly, the Armani isn't worth the asking price, the Bulova is nice and looks sporty enough for a 13 year old.

I would check out Seiko and some other Hamiltons. Are you looking for quartz or mechanical?

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by V8 View Post
    Are you looking for quartz or mechanical?
    The basic differences -

Quartz -
    - Tougher
    - More accurate
    - Doesn't require expensive servicing

Mechanical -
    - More interesting to collectors

Personally I wouldn't go near a mechanical watch for a 13 year old, except possibly for Citizen and Seiko divers.

In quartz analog watches in that price range I'd look at Seiko, Citizen, Pulsar and Casio. Casio aren't just about cheap watches anymore, and they make them exceptionally tough. Your budget won't stretch to a new Casio Oceanus, but some sort of Casio Duro or Marlin can take the sort of hammering a 13 year old hands out better than most:

- about $100. Almost certainly a much better watch the Bulova or the Armani in every sense, and especially 13 year old proofness. Otoh, 13 year olds can be awful brand name snobs, in which case you're stuck buying something like the Armani - a $50 watch marked up several times.
    Last edited by scuttle; January 16th, 2009 at 15:32.

I don't know what his hobbies are or social status is but at 13 I would kill for a G-Shock. They offer a variety of looks, their tool watches which equals cool because there are a multitude of functions and they offer dress up looks with metal bracelets and they take a beating!! Oh forgot to mention for $200. you can get 2, a dresser and a sporty, or a really cool special edition!!

I don't think any of those would look good on a 13 year old's arm, unless he's a kid with specific tastes.

I would recommend a G-shock. If you're looking for something analog, there's the G-Shock G511. It has both analog and digital and takes a beating like no other watch.

I have one in yellow with a black rubber band. But they come in different colors and bands.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would agree with the G-shock for a 13yr. old. Most seem to like the gadget type watches.I picked up a Timex e-compass for my 13yr. old,and he loves it.
    Mike

Id go with the bulova, many 13-year-old's heads will expand wearing a "expensive Armani watch", and the hammie is a little old fashioned.

Bulova looks perfect. plus bracelet for sure for a kid!

I like the G-Shock idea for a 13 year old. They seem to love those and they are cool. Many styles and they will hold up well.

Unless you're specifically looking for something a little dressier. Then I would heed scuttle's post and look at Seiko, Citizen, Pulsar & Casio.......best bangs for you buck. Personally I think Seiko offers the highest overall bang to buck ratio.

Hi -

I gave one of my nephews, a couple of years ago, the inexpensive "diver" Vostok. It survived through the ages of 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17, and while the accuracy isn't that great, he still wears it. None of his friends has one or can even come close to it being the ultimate geeky watch for a really active teenager. Extremely robust, and I bought it for around $40 or so.

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information