Watch warranty!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John MS

Thread: Watch warranty!

Watch warranty!

I'm a bit lost when it comes to pre-owned watch warranties. Does the warranty still apply to a used watch if the card is signed? Or should you look for a pre-owned watch with an open warranty card? Been wanting to pull the trigger on a used seamaster pro 300M but I want to make sure I understand everything before making any decision!

Re: Watch warranty!

Welcome to Watchuseek. I found this online. It may or may not be the language used in the warranty for your watch.
    Your OMEGA® watch is warranted by OMEGA SA* FOR A PERIOD OF TWENTY-FOUR (24) MONTHS, THIRTY-SIX (36) MONTHS FOR WATCHES WITH A CO-AXIAL ESCAPEMENT AND FORTY-EIGHT (48) MONTHS FOR WATCHES WITH A CO-AXIAL ESCAPEMENT AND SI14 BALANCE SPRING , AS WELL AS FOR WATCHES WITH THE CALIBER 8500 OR 8501, FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE
    The warranty term and rules for transfer differ by manufacturer. Best to check the language of the warranty and contact the manufacturer. If the watch was originally bought from a grey market dealer it would likely carry no warranty at all.

And when buying a nice watch like that Omega you should buy from a reputable seller. Buy the seller before buying the watch.
    Suds likes this.

Thanks John- a timely reminder for a newbie like me. I've been considering a new Tank MC with £1000.00 gbp saving from grey dealers or full price with Cartier back-up (a recent post here said Cartier offered free repair even when warranty had expired?). The MC is balancing against a 4 yo Breguet Classique or 4 yo heritage - I now balancing future service costs being 2-3 times higher for the Brequet. Need a cup of tea, or three to clear my brain!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome! Always buy the seller on a high end watch purchase. Numerous on the forum you can count on and get a good deal. Good luck.

Thanks guys! What threw me off initially was a post where a seller stated the watch was new, with an open warranty card dated 2018 so I wasn't really sure if it was transferable to me. But per your advice, I couldn't find much info on the seller (couldn't buy the seller as suggested) so I passed on the watch. The hunt continues!

Quote Originally Posted by flyguyelmo View Post
    Thanks guys! What threw me off initially was a post where a seller stated the watch was new, with an open warranty card dated 2018 so I wasn't really sure if it was transferable to me. But per your advice, I couldn't find much info on the seller (couldn't buy the seller as suggested) so I passed on the watch. The hunt continues!
    FYI the watch really can't be new unless the seller is a dealer. An individual would be selling a used watch.

Thread Information