Which watch to wear to the dentist?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Which watch to wear to the dentist?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which watch to wear to the dentist?

While the zombie apocalypse is unlikely, and a conversation about what watch to wear for the zombie apocalypse is merely a discussion about what solar powered G-Shock you can tolerate most, a real and necessary question is: Which watch should you wear to the dentist?

Let's say you wear a gold or diamond Rolex to the dentist. Or even a regular Submariner. Or some other noticeably expensive watch. That will telegraph to your dentist that you can afford any procedure, and you might see a bill with some extra zeros.

At the other extreme, wearing a Timex might say to your dentist that he should bill you gently. But a Timex or other cheap watch could also declare, "I'm poor, so let's save a little money by cutting back on anesthesia."

My solution: Wear a classy vintage watch. A Hamilton, Bulova, Zenith, or Omega made before 1970 is the best kind of watch to wear to the dentist. Wearing a handsome vintage watch --one that you possibly could have inherited-- will signal to your dentist that you can afford novocaine, but that if he tries to bill you too much, you might become a zombie when it comes time to pay that bill.

(Disclosure: I wrote a longer article about what watch to wear to the dentist on my wristwatch blog.)
    busmatt and Toothbras like this.

Re: Which watch to wear to the dentist?

If I wore a Patek Phillippe Calatrava or A Timex Expedition that Pirate of a dentist would still try to empty my bank account.
    He overcharges for everything. For example I wore my Casio GW3000bb1 and he still charged mr $1,414.00 for root canals on
    2 teeth. Tha man has no shame. Like I'm gonna perform my own root canals? I'm what you Americans call an easy mark. He sez
    I need this er that. I pay him and keep on keepin on. My watch has lttle to do with his avarice!!!

X traindriver Art
    hanshananigan likes this.

Consider the Maranez "Undercover"... Fashionable, a reliable quartz movement AND has a "hidden compartment" behind the dial. A place for the "happy place" pill...you'll digest in the parking lot. To muster the courage...to pay someone to torture you.
    So much anxiety; a trip to the dentist.
    Bill Adler likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just to be on the safe side,something with a perpetual day, date, and year feature...

Man with 90-MINUTE memory is 'stuck in 2005' after a trip to the dentist | Daily Mail Online
    Henry S likes this.

This is a funny thread, but it is also true. I don't wear my nicer pieces to the dentist because of the exact reason you have stated. I once wore a pair of shell cordovan boots to mine, and he commented "nice boots". These guys notice everything. I try to wear my Seiko to the dentist. It's a nice middle-ground.

'At the other extreme, wearing a Timex might say to your dentist that he should bill you gently. But a Timex or other cheap watch could also declare, "I'm poor, so let's save a little money by cutting back on anesthesia."'

--I have a strange love of dental pain, it's really very exhilarating, but I have always had difficulty getting dentists to understand this. Maybe a sneak attack using a very cheap watch is the ticket.
    If you never believe in anything, you'll never be disappointed.

I think it would be hard to bloat the bill given insurance and somewhat rigid billing software. More likely to try and up sell you.

As usual, Mr Jones has the perfect answer :-

Synequano likes this.

This is easy. Don't go to the dentist and you won't have to decide.
    pastawatcher likes this.

Probably one of those honking big trench style watches that can be used as a weapon in case the Novocaine wears off during the procedure.

Name:  IMAG0515.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  39.7 KB
    Synequano likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information