Which watch will you choose between JLC and ALS?

View Poll Results: Which watch would you choose if you have $32k?

Voters
85. This poll is closed
  • JLC Master Hometime in Steel

44 51.76%
  • JLC Master Hometime in Gold

5 5.88%
  • ALS Saxonia Dual Time in Gold

36 42.35%
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Which watch will you choose between JLC and ALS?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Which watch will you choose between JLC and ALS?

Which of the following watch will you choose if you have $32K to spend on a watch? Images below are borrowed from web (without permission).

Option A: JLC Master Home-time in Steel at $9.2k with $22.8k remaining in cash for other watches
    Option B: JLC Master Home-time in Gold at $22.7k with $9.3k remaining in cash for other watches
    Option C: ALS Saxonia in Gold at $32k

All the watches have the same complication (dual time with small seconds) and would have the same after sales service (since all from Richemont). They have the similar look as well with JLC in a more traditional and ALS in a more contemporary look. ALS obviously has a better decorated movement, brand prestige and longer power reserve.

If I segment out the watch into its attributes and cost, it would look as below:

A Richemont dual time manufacture movement watch with 48 power reserve = $9.2k
    Upgrade to a Gold watch = +$13.5k
    Upgrade to better decorated movement, brand prestige and 72 power reserve = +$9.3k

Which watch would you choose between these 3 if you have $32k and why?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Which watch will you choose between JLC and ALS?

I'd vote steel JLC, I'm not a one watch man. I'd probably snag a Rolex blnr for about 9k and another watch or two.

It depends though, if your watch budget is 32k a year I might have a different opinion, but I prefer white gold or platinum over others. If I had 32k per year I'd probably go precious...if it is meant to last 4-5 years I'd probably opt for steal. Always good to have a beater or two IMO.

Need more info.... Like intended use? Other watches?

I would go JLC in steel, but I'm not big on gold at the moment. I also like that is not as dressy... The ALS just looks very formal to me.

But your situation may be totally different.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I voted Lange but I would get it in white gold.

Based in South east asia, travelling between

32k is too pricey even for a Lange, I'd go for a JLC or try to hunt down a better deal for the lange.
    W.A.S. Watch Acquisition Syndrome Patient.

I love ALS and they are awesome but seriously,32k?
    For this price you can buy BOTH the steel and gold version of the Hometime...Or three Steel JLC and have some cash leftover to buy a Tudor Black Bay or a Reverso.

I have no idea of your income and you spend your money the way you want, but the sheer pricedrop of the ALS if you try to resell it one day would be enough to finance the steel Hometime.
    So in the end said JLC wins me over in the conditions you are mentioning, it looks nearly exactly the same as the other, has the same complication and a far more reasonable cost. I mean ALS might have a slightly more performant movement and surely more decorated but is it worth 22.8k more just for that? JLC is a well known manufacture and has an amazing legacy as a movement maker, I would not consider paying 3.5 times more just to get a slightly better german watch.
    But that's my two cent; in the world of luxury watch reason does come into play very seldom.
    hawkeyes likes this.

I would go with the JLC Master Hometime in stainless steel, since a dual time watch makes sense as a travel watch, and I wouldn't want a travel watch in gold. Save the previous metals for an elegant dress watch.
    hawkeyes likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I'd take the Saxonia Dual Time, from those options, but I hate that both options have the additional subdial at 1200 which helps indicate the 24hr time. My preference is for an AM/PM indicator. I think the Moser Nomad is the superior option

"A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Savile Row suit." -- Ian Fleming

I don't particularly like the Lange aesthetic in general but I'd take it in looks over the JLC. The lone '9' on the dial looks so odd IMO. But then again, that's just too much money for a dual time Lange.

If I had 32k to burn and had to get one of the 3 it would be the JLC Hometime in Gold. The JLC because it has a date function, which I prefer. The Gold one cause of the nice budget.
    IG: mrwatchusername

Main Stable: -

Breguet Type XX Transatlantique
    Rolex Datejust
    Rolex Milgauss
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega Seamaster Professional
    Omega Constellation Quartz
    Jeanrichard Aquascope Hokusai
    Seiko Diver's Automatic

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information