Watches 10k mark
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Watches 10k mark

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Watches 10k mark

Hi all,

I was hoping you guys can offer some advice on a watch for myself under or circa 10k. I will be looking to wear this watch for a long time, so definitely want to consider as many options as possible.

What I'm looking for are-

around 45mm
    calendar (date is enough)
    chronograph
    preferably not leather straps
    waterproof

The two watches that have really caught my eyes are the Seamaster planet ocean co-axial chronograph and JLC Deep Sea Chronograph (unfortunately no dates).

do you guys know of something similar that you could please suggest?

Thanks!
    Last edited by kingboss; July 19th, 2015 at 17:24.

Re: Watches 10k mark

The JLC you're eyeing is stunning. I very nearly bought one, but opted for my GO Senator Observer instead, and there's a good chance it'll end up in my collection. It is, however, smaller than 45 mm, does not have a date, and does come on a leather strap. This makes me wonder how strict your list of requirements is.

Anyway, this is what I would consider if in your shoes:
    *Zenith has many options for you to consider, most of which will fall short of your budget.
    *If you can stretch your budget a bit or consider used, the VC Overseas Chrono is worth a look
    *If you're willing to drop your chronograph requirement the list of options will grow quickly... Grand Seiko SBGA029 or SBGE001, Rolex Sub, Sea Dweller, or GMTII
    *The Calibre de Cartier would come in a bit under budget and is a very unique looking piece, I've been eyeing the Calibre Diver

Enjoy the search!
    cedargrove likes this.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

Either the Planet Ocean chrono or drop the chrono function and get a Rolex DSSD.
    Cartier - Tank Solo Large
    Omega - 166.041
    Seiko - SKX007
    Seiko - SKX013
    Hamilton - Khaki Officer Mechanical
    Seagull - 1963 38mm

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm not a fan of chronos in that price range. Drop that requirement and you're in the sweet spot for a VC Overseas (although 42mm) or the Deepsea.
    adamcb likes this.
    “I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.” Umberto Eco

Panerai * Rolex * Omega * Ball * AEgir * Mühle-Glashütte * Oris * Archimede * Seiko * Magrette * Padron

Take a look at the SBGC005. BlackrazorNZ posted a vid of it on the Seiko forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeAssemblyRequired View Post
    I'm not a fan of chronos in that price range. Drop that requirement and you're in the sweet spot for a VC Overseas (although 42mm) or the Deepsea.
    I'm definitely biased, but the VC wouldn't be a terrible idea...

Name:  20150713_183031 a40.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  288.2 KB
    Well, I was standing on a corner in Winslow, AZ and Clara Oswald slowed down to take a look at me and my GS Tiffany SnowflakeTM...

Shoot... I forgot to mention the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe. That one stretches the budget a bit too, but dayum is it pretty.
    devlred and nweash like this.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

That chrono with WR and date is a tough requirements...

I have held a Panerai luminor Regatta timer in ceramic with date and auto 3 days movt but I'm not sure about the price...I think it'll be in the bathyscape price range as well

What about the old chrono slytech Panerai pam202? I think it's 47mm chrono 1000m submersible but no date and the price is slightly above your budget as well

Thanks for the reply guys!

The options your guys put up look stunning.

I was thinking with regards to my requirements, the size requirement isn't too important can be smaller but preferably not much bigger than 45.

The requirement of no leather straps and waterproof is quite important to me. Definitely need a versatile watch.

And from the look of it, I may need to drop either one of the chrono or date options. Preferably I'd like both, but I'm open to dropping either one.

Thanks once again :)

https://www.breitling.com/en/models/...onograph-1461/

Right at 10k, and it checks everything on your list and then some. You can order it on a mesh bracelet (I did this, but will be buying the croc strap once it arrives).

edit: i know this one isn't waterproof, but neither is the JLC (10 bar vs the Breitling at 5 bar) the OP referenced. Neither one is appropriate for diving.
    Last edited by rlazor8; July 20th, 2015 at 02:11.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information