Watches at 3'+

Thread: Watches at 3'+

Watches at 3'+

I've worn a watch for about 25 years but only 'got into them' this year. I used to just wear a $100 quartz watch for 5 year increments and throw them out (or actually in the back of the drawer) or maybe replace the battery once. I never looked at anyone else's watch. But now that I am into watches I find airports are a great place to see lots of people wearing watches. I usually see them from 3+ feet away. The issue is I can vaguely identify only 1% - 2% of all watches I see and then I'm not sure if it is the real thing or an homage or I'm just wrong. The best place to get a good view is sitting next to someone at a meeting in the conference room, but if you work with the same people, that game gets old quick.

I know most people on these forums are watch rock stars but am I the only one that can view 100 watches in the wild and honestly/truthfully identify maybe one?

Re: Watches at 3'+

I'm right there with you. Unless I specifically say "Nice watch" or something else that would warrant a closer look, I'm lost.

Laughing Re: Watches at 3'+

Quote Originally Posted by Tseg View Post

I know most people on these forums are watch rock stars but am I the only one that can view 100 watches in the wild and honestly/truthfully identify maybe one?
    I also enjoy checking out other people's watches. I even check out what watches women are wearing, style mavens that they are

Like you, my poor eyesight means that I rarely recognize the brand. The few exceptions are the easily recognized crown logo of Rolexes and maybe TAGs and the occasional Omega. I think I saw a PP Nautilus once due to those ear flaps.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Keep at it. You'll soon pick up the eye. Living in SE Asia, I try to find the more uncommon watches that you don't normally see in public. So far, I've been lucky enough to see people wearing ALS, Richard Mille, Nomos, Breguet and AP.

Rolex, Omega, Tag, Panerai are everywhere in this region.

I've gotten pretty good at identifying watches. I play a game with myself by naming the watch brand as quickly as I can from the WRUW thread everyday. In the wild however, it's only a matter of time when I'll walk smack dab into a column or wall because I was looking at someone's wrist, not what's in front of me directly.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Thread Information