Watches around the globe...What famous place, monument, or landmark has your watch been to?
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Watches around the globe...What famous place, monument, or landmark has your watch been to?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Watches around the globe...What famous place, monument, or landmark has your watch been to?

Members of this forum are from all over the globe. Maybe a thread dedicated to famous places, landmarks, or monuments your timepieces have been to is in order.

How about a picture of your timepiece taken at famous places, landmarks, or monuments around the globe.

Not the most exotic place but I'll get it rolling here. Here is the Speedmaster at the base of the Lincolon Memorial in Washington DC.

I have a Dream...that this thread isn't mocked.

Last edited by flyinghell34; October 13th, 2012 at 15:09.
    Medphred likes this.

Seiko, Cartier Moderator Athram's Avatar

Re: Watches around the globe...What famous place, monument, or landmark has your watch been to?

My Tudor Prince Oysterdate with the (rebuilt) Stari Most in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina:

Name:  P1090313.JPG
Views: 1304
Size:  373.2 KB

Not a particularly good photo. My watches have been lots of places but this is one of the few shots I have to hand.

Re: Watches around the globe...What famous place, monument, or landmark has your watch been to?

I think it's a great idea and can't imagine anyone knocking this thread! If they do there'll be trouble

I've only got one and it's not very well-known: Pasteis de Belem - some of the best custard tarts in the world, in Lisbon, Portugal (I took it for Ray as he suggested I go there)

Name:  belem.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  96.0 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My watches haven't been anywhere fun. I'm going to San Franciso later in the month maybe I can get a shot on the Golden Gate bridge.

Been travelling a lot this year but was not a WIS back then :(

Most of the time when I travel I take a cheap and simple quartz watch - why take chances with a more expensive one? Sometimes I pick up something interesting as a souvenir.

This Pierre Lannier started out in Chartres, for example.

Medphred likes this.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Banned

I've been to over 40 countries on five continents, leaving only Australia and Antarctica for my bucket list. I never took watch photos though I always wore one. Should have; some of the landscapes were pretty spectacular. Namibia, Botswana, the north slope of the Brooks Range in Alaska, Argentina, Mount Fuji, and the American West come first to mind. Landmarks, famous buildings and World Heritage Sites are a different matter. Some places were just poverty-stricken hellholes.

EDIT: My quartz SMP saw most of it. Its independently adjustable hour hand comes in very handy for adjusting time zones.
    Last edited by marchone; October 13th, 2012 at 16:53.

I wont mock except to say you should have posted this a month ago & I could have taken more pics!

Last month was a busy travel month for me and I was in Phoenix, Zurich, Palm Beach, and London. During biz travel I typ wear my Reverso GMT to keep track of local and home time. I didn't take an pics in front of monuments but here's a couple of my Reverso...

... with some Pounds:

And with some Swiss Francs...

BTW, when you get to the airport in Zurich, you know your in watch country when you see ads like this at baggage claim!

This thread is a great idea and I'm inspired to take more 'monument' pics during future travels and come back to post!
    flyinghell34 likes this.
    Rolex 5513 No Date Sub
    Rolex 114270 Explorer

Seiko 7548

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I think it's a great idea and can't imagine anyone knocking this thread! If they do there'll be trouble

I've only got one and it's not very well-known: Pasteis de Belem - some of the best custard tarts in the world, in Lisbon, Portugal (I took it for Ray as he suggested I go there)
    Pastéis de Belém or the slightly different Natas as they are known up North where I live are superb!
    Would have liked to see that Dievas (once had a Fricker case to build my own watch but it was too expensive and I'm hooked on affordables

Quote Originally Posted by cuica View Post
    Pastéis de Belém or the slightly different Natas as they are known up North where I live are superb!
    Would have liked to see that Dievas (once had a Fricker case to build my own watch but it was too expensive and I'm hooked on affordables
    I'll show you next time I'm in your fair country which hopefully won't be too far away: I absolutely loved Lisbon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information