Which watches to bring with you on vacation and what do you pack them in?

Thread: Which watches to bring with you on vacation and what do you pack them in?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Which watches to bring with you on vacation and what do you pack them in?

Hello ladies and gents,

So for the next month I am away visiting relatives a trillion miles from home. I had a harder time trying to decide on which watches to pack than than trying to decide on which shoes to bring, as I usually do. In the end, I brought two with me and purchased a few others already within my first three days abroad. I am sure a few of you share this predicament. How do YOU choose and what do you pack your beloved watches in?

I look forward to your replies.

-WatchgirlNYC

stuffler,mike

Re: Which watches to bring with you on vacation and what do you pack them in?

I´ve got some watch travel cases (from 2 to 24 watches).

Quote Originally Posted by WatchgirlNYC View Post
    Hello ladies and gents,

So for the next month I am away visiting relatives a trillion miles from home. I had a harder time trying to decide on which watches to pack than than trying to decide on which shoes to bring, as I usually do. In the end, I brought two with me and purchased a few others already within my first three days abroad. I am sure a few of you share this predicament. How do YOU choose and what do you pack your beloved watches in?

I look forward to your replies.

-WatchgirlNYC
    I usually take one watch that is good looking, will work with casual and dressy situations and is not my most expensive timekeeper.
    I pack my watch on my wrist for most of the trip. My wife similarly minimizes expensive jewelery.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pelican brand cases are awesome for travel and not very expensive. Various sizes too. I have one that holds 4 so for vacation I pack 5 and wear one. Usually mostly divers since we hit the water on Vaca. Have a safe trip and a good time.
    Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

I have a soft padded nylon case I got thru "broadarrow.com"(Bill's case) compact, secure, well padded. They come in 3 different sizes...for 4, 6 & 8 watches. I got the 4 pack. If I go for longer than a couple of days, say a week I take 4 or 5.

beshannon

I use a 4 watch padded travel case and usually bring these three

Recently acquired a couple new travel holders.

One watch, water-resistant enough to swim/dive with, worn on my wrist. The worth of the watch depends on the location of travel. If I'm lucky I'll come back with two watches.
    N
    Caveat lector

I guess it all depends on the vacation. But usually one or two casual, one for any type of water activity, one or two nice ones for going out/dinner. And a beater, especially depending on where in the world I am, (something I would very easily hand over), although that can happen anywhere if your not carful.

WatchgirlNYC: I like your theory on packing light and buying based on your current wants/needs make sure you leave with a few empty spots in the watch case.

I like to pack light, so i wear one on each wrist and one around each ankle.

OK, Im just kidding. Really depends on where Im going, but usually I like to have a GMT with me for obvious reasons and a couple more Diver type for water sports. When Im on Vacation or even weekend trip getting wet is always gonna happen. Whether its a pool, beach or hot tub, Im ready for action!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information