Is Watches-and-diamonds.com legit?

Thread: Is Watches-and-diamonds.com legit?

Is Watches-and-diamonds.com legit?

I just came across this site tonight looking for a Rolex no-date ceramic submariner and couldn't believe it when I saw the advertised price $2,000 under AD retail price.

Can anyone clue me in on this site? Seems almost too good be true but that is one heck of a deal to pass up.

Re: Is Watches-and-diamonds.com legit?

I am wondering the same thing. I started up an online chat with one of their reps today. I asked if i could pay using a credit card or paypal. They said i could not because i live in the US. I told her i thought it might be suspicious and i asked for the business address in the UK and how long they had been doing business online under their current name. The chat was promptly terminated and every time i try to get to their site i am rerouted to hubolt.com . I cannot access their site at all now. I dont know if i was hit by a virus or what.

By forcing us into a bank transfer they would save costs, but force the consumer to lose all protection against fraud. The only way to recover any funds would be legal action initiated overseas. Seems unlikely to me.

I am going to stay away from this site until i have some proof that they are real and not some kind of scam.

Additionally, There is a question posted on Yahoo asking if the site is real. The question is dated feb 11 and there are 8 positive replys over the next 2 days. All 8 replys are from new users that have never answered a question before.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Smells like smoke to me....

Did some poking:
    The domain watches-and-diamonds.com is being routed through redtransit.com anonymous proxy to hide it's actual location. The dns servers used are located in asia.
    The domain whois records have have a Malaysia phone number.

I guess if it's to good to be true...

yeah when I searched the site, it directed initially to a german motorsport site. I would stay very well clear of this site........

edit....actually look at some of the prices for PP for example....ridiculously low and they reckon they are genuine wiht serial numbers! I can't imagine PP would permit this.

Absolutely have nothing to do with this site
    Last edited by Hammondo; February 14th, 2013 at 00:15.
    Hammy

Omega Ω Seamaster GMT 2234.50 (daily wear)
    Oris BC3 Advanced Day Date (tool watch but looking to sell)
    Casio Edifice EQW-A1110 Atomic Solar (for my eldest)
    Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic (for my youngest)
    Garmin Forerunner (when I start running again!)
    Casio Mudman (looking to just give away)

This is from Feb 4 2013

"Analysis Details:-
    This webite is very new, and as such doesn't have an online reputation yet. As with all new businesses, we suggest that you take care and if necessary get in contact with the owners before placing an order of value. This site has a high risk country associated with it. This may be as you expect but care should be taken if purchasing an item from a site that you didn't expect to be associated with the countries listed above. Certain countries are listed as being high risk because of the high percentage of online fraud or tendency to send fake/replica items."

Scamadviser.com | check a website for risk | check if dodgey | check is a website s |check website is fake or a scam

Quote Originally Posted by JMP1991 View Post
    I just came across this site tonight looking for a Rolex no-date ceramic submariner and couldn't believe it when I saw the advertised price $2,000 under AD retail price.

Can anyone clue me in on this site? Seems almost too good be true but that is one heck of a deal to pass up.
    If the price is too good to be true then it almost always is.

Feedback form watches and diamonds.com

Anyone got a watch from watches and diamonds.com? The prices seem to be too good to be true.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information