Watches and our women (Lighthearted discussion)
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Watches and our women (Lighthearted discussion)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Just wanted to see if my gentlemen fellow watch aficionados (or ladies) have had similar thoughts or experiences lol

Ever since I've been into watches, I've yet to find a girl that has shared my love and passion for watches, it seems to be a male dominated hobby if I've ever seen one. My ex gf's have all either not understood my passion or been irritated with me for spending inordinate amounts of money on a watch. My last ex was the only somewhat exception lol she didn't care for watches and would never spend that much on a watch, but she liked them enough to comment on them from time to time, she loved vintage looking things, and sonetimes wore my panerai with the vintage strap (looked phenomenal on her btw).

My question is, do your wives or gf's share your passion for watches? Or do they give you hell for it? LOL ... A good story perhaps?

Also, if there are any female members who wish to chime in and present a counter point, please do :)

PS- pic of panerai with the vintage strap

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk
    8trackmind and goatscapeable like this.

Re: Watches and our women (Lighthearted discussion)

No my wife doesn't share my passion for watches in fact she hates the idea of me buying another watch. At first she hated this Citizen Chronograph I got for free, but know she likes it on me. Name:  Citizen AN0950-53L.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  103.3 KB
    Neeko likes this.

My girlfriend always bought fashion watches, now that i've "educated" her lol she wants Seiko, Bulova, and her favorite(as well as mine) is Nomos. :)

But you're right, it is a male dominated hobby. You want proof look at Facebook pages, 90% of the likes are male.
    goatscapeable likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My girlfriend isn't fond of watches (unless it says Michael Kors on the dial lol). She always steals my fountain pens tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by elyk nordneg; January 12th, 2014 at 21:55.
    Sinn 756, Jaeger Lecoultre Grande Reverso 976, Panerai 351N, Steinhart Mark II LE Chronograph [XX/20], 79' Rolex Tudor Submariner "Snowflake" Ref 94110, Bernhardt Officer, WUS Project Tourbillon, Citizens and Seikos etc...

If you find a woman who is as interested in watches as you are run for the hills. This hobby is too expensive for two in one family. My wife could care less.
    Nutty28, CitizenM, Bazzie and 6 others like this.
    TNWN

Quote Originally Posted by elyk nordneg View Post
    My girlfriend isn't fond of watches (unless it says Michael Kors on the dial lol). She always steals my fountain pens tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What is it with Michael kors watches and women??? I know a few girls that don't like watches, but love Michael kors watches...

Quote Originally Posted by TNWatchNerd View Post
    If you find a woman who is as interested in watches as you are run for the hills. This hobby is too expensive for two in one family. My wife could care less.
    This is true

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

My wife sees watches quite differently than I. She enjoys them as jewelry. She likes that she never has to fuss with a watch and that hers all keep excellent time. She has three and each is appropriate for how she's dressed. Casual, Dress, and somewhere in between. When she's doing something stupid, she takes the watch off. All are quartz. Truth be told, she's probably doing this watch thing correctly. On the other hand, I'm doing it all wrong. I have 11 mechanical watches of questionable accuracy. I change watches two to three times a day. I wear watches that are inappropriate for my attire on purpose. (only other watch folks would notice anyway, and they would see the humor) I'm always on the lookout for another watch...Or band...Or bracelet...Or NATO. I'm constantly setting, winding, ogling and fondling my watches. But honestly, you would think a woman like my wife (who has 127 pairs of shoes) would be more understanding of my addiction... I mean "hobby".
    Graham3 likes this.
    One down, four up.

I've never had a girlfriend that was "into" watches, but I have had some that found it mildly interesting.

A brief story of love lost. Many years ago, my freshman year in college, I bought my girlfriend a watch and candy for valentine's day. We had no money, so it was nothing fancy, just a nice looking heart shaped quartz that looked to be to her tastes. She was very up front and frank (in a slightly impolite way) that she didn't like it. I could of course handle someone not liking my gift, but the directness she rejected it with really bothered me, and it stayed in the back of my mind until the end.

Now, the opposite story. My current girlfriend loves Hello Kitty esque stuff, so I bought her a nice swarovski crystal (she also likes their stuff) Hello Kitty necklace. She liked it and was appreciative, but I told her that I had trouble deciding between that and a certain white G-Shock.

After she heard that, she told me she would like to have the G-Shock more, so we went back into the city and returned the necklace and got the G-Shock, which she now wears constantly. So it wasn't a perfect gift giving, but it turned out well.

Anyway, she continues to be mildly interested. We went to the Omega boutique a couple weeks ago and she really liked the white ladies Aqua Terra 8520 and she's like several Orient open hearts I've shown her (guess which one of those I might actually buy lol).

Anyway, that's roughly my experience with women and watches.
    Ottovonn, drhr and 228523 like this.

Well,I don't have any GF,but since I'm sucked into this world,I often took a glance to see what's on the wrist of the girl that I'm close to..most of the times I see they wear watches in quartz or watchless or Gshock/baby G or Seiko (one wears a diver type watch with a dress..)

On the older age group (around the same age as my mom or younger),things are getting interesting,AP ROO chrono,PP white aquanaut,Rolexes,Panerais,Tags

I am constantly showing my wife pics of watches I like; the conversation generally goes like this...

Me (showing her my phone): "Check out this Glashutte Original Perpetual Calander!!! Isn't it awesome!!!"

Her (rolling her eyes and looking at me like I just said I want to cover myself with motor oil and dance naked with the squirrels under the full moon): "It's a watch..."
    Last edited by bu11itt; January 13th, 2014 at 23:43.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information