Watches in Sales with "warranty card"

Thread: Watches in Sales with "warranty card"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watches in Sales with "warranty card"

I have purchased a watch in the sales forum with a defect *known*, of a make that I see listed often with the warranty card and number, yet, this, in reality really does nothing for the piece of mind of the buyer, does it? Ive emailed with the maker of the particular watch I purchased and he said that he cannot warranty a watch that has sold between two other parties-as I expected-but he is more than happy to take it from me to fix the minor flaw.

Why list a watch with the box, papers, etc and make a point to mention warranty? What makers support that? I would think the cottage makers we have in the forum know who they sell to-do the larger makers not record purchasers to the warranty number?
    "...All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.....
    ----------------------------------

Re: Watches in Sales with "warranty card"

I cant speak for every seller, but sometimes warranty is just considered part of the papers and helps to verify authenticity. Its sort of up to the buyer to research and find out if the warranty is transferable for a particular brand--unless the seller clearly states that it is...but still, caveot emptor I guess...

I didn't think of that. Good point-thanks!
    "...All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.....
    ----------------------------------

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah some manufactures honer a transferred warrantee, others wont.

Some warranties follow the watch . . . others stop at point of resale!

I would say most manufacturers will honor the warranty ...

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Here is a list we compiled a few months ago on the dive watch form. It is in the reference area of the forum:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=248376
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Unless the warranty card is filled out with the name, etc. of the original owner/purchaser, I think most (watch) companies should/would honor the warranty. I think that as long as the warranty card has the name of an authorized dealer listed and the date of original purchase, or you have a copy of the receipt from an authorized dealer instead, you should be fine. What if the watch was purchased as a gift and given to you? Would they deny you because you didn't buy it orginally?

I recently bought a watch second-hand that was still under the warranty period and afterward I found that it had a factory defect. I took it to a factory authorized service center and they honored it (the warranty card was stamped and dated, but I did not have a receipt).

If the watch was originally purchased from an authorized dealer, and you can prove that it should be under warranty, I think you should hold the manufacturer to the it.
    matt

It's been my experience that a receipt won't cut it, gotta have the
    card or booklet properly filled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by filmjuicer View Post
    Unless the warranty card is filled out with the name, etc. of the original owner/purchaser, I think most (watch) companies should/would honor the warranty. I think that as long as the warranty card has the name of an authorized dealer listed and the date of original purchase, or you have a copy of the receipt from an authorized dealer instead, you should be fine. What if the watch was purchased as a gift and given to you? Would they deny you because you didn't buy it orginally?

I recently bought a watch second-hand that was still under the warranty period and afterward I found that it had a factory defect. I took it to a factory authorized service center and they honored it (the warranty card was stamped and dated, but I did not have a receipt).

If the watch was originally purchased from an authorized dealer, and you can prove that it should be under warranty, I think you should hold the manufacturer to the it.

In a perfect world, you would be right. Unfortunately there are many watch manufacturers that only honor the warranty if the claim is submitted by the original purchaser. Even worse, is that its almost impossible to know that just by reading the warranty booklet since it usually makes no mention of it.

Quote Originally Posted by filmjuicer View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information