Watches on top of page here ok to check time?

Thread: Watches on top of page here ok to check time?

Watches on top of page here ok to check time?

I did do a search but found nothing about this even though I am sure it has been asked already!

There's more than one and up to four on some pages. Some work, some don't but can they be used to check our watches accuracy? It would be nice to check the time while perusing the forums.

Even better to have just one big, clear one?
    Dievas Vortex
    Damasko DA36
    Omega SMP GMT Co-Axial
    Lum Tec B1 LE
    Seiko SKX 173
    Zeno Phantom 3.2

Re: Watches on top of page here ok to check time?

they are synced exactly with the time on my mac which gets updated with apple.com. So yes they are accurate. (maybe they use http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java)

I figured they would be accurate, be a bit silly if they weren't being a watch forum and all.

I'm having fun checking mine daily to see how they go and trying different positions.
    Dievas Vortex
    Damasko DA36
    Omega SMP GMT Co-Axial
    Lum Tec B1 LE
    Seiko SKX 173
    Zeno Phantom 3.2

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I believe that those clocks display the time that your computer is set to. If your computer's clock is accurate then all's well. However, if your computer isn't syncing its time to some good time source then it'll probably be a pretty poor choice. I know that my Mac syncs up daily and I assume that most PCs do as well, but I don't know that for a fact. There are PCs in my office that are a few minutes off (actually noticed that this morning) If the computers aren't syncing to a good time source then they'll more than likely be way off before too long. It always amazed me just how bad computers were in keeping accurate time...

From my experience computer clocks aren't always accurate. I would check the time with www.time.gov.
    -Jarrod

I opened 2 windows with each and compared them. time.gov is about 2 sec slower than the watch in the banner. I just use time.gov as my reference.

Don't make me go Blackbelt on ya!
    Terry
    -------------------
    Breitling Navitimer 01 LE, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Bathys Aquaculture black PVD, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Orange Monster, RXW MM20,
    RXW MM25, Chase-Durer conquest, Movado series 800 Diver, Movado Museum, Citizen Ecodrive chrono, Bulova Precisionist

Thread Information