I'm interested in getting my best men watches. I'll have two best men (they are my brothers) and they are both very stylish. The task of finding something that might work has become daunting, although now I understand that I should seriously consider dive watches. My budget is below $1250 each, and my goal would be to get them something that they would have never purchased for themselves, something that they'll wear fairly regularly, and something that they are pretty excited about. I mean we're brothers - and giving them a beautiful watch a few hours before I get married would make me incredibly happy.
Like anyone who has no idea what they're doing, I looked at used Rolex stuff first, and now understand that my budget won't allow me to give them a ziplock bag full of random parts, let alone a functioning watch.
So - what brands / models should I look into?
- Neither brother regularly wear a suit, but occasionally they'll rock a button up, so they are pretty casual even at work.
- One is in entertainment and the other works in fashion - but they'll both wear t-shirts to work a fair amount of the time.
- They are probably not going to want to spend a ton of money on servicing a fickle watch.
- They'd both love something used with some wear and tear. Rough around the edges is awesome.
- I don't want to get them something that is really, really trendy and of the moment (even though I gather that vintage divers are relatively hip right now).
- I think some semblance of resale value would be important, not for the sake of them hitting up a pawn shop while I'm heading down the isle, but much more so I can be more comfortable with the cost of the gifts (we're just wired that way).
- I don't know enough about the "franken" stuff that is being done to watches, but I'm not concerned about them having 100% original timepieces.
Thanks very much!