Watches and Weather
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Watches and Weather

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Watches and Weather

Does anyone take into account the day's weather when deciding which watch to wear for the day? Let me clarify: it's been extremely humid where I live the last few days and I find that when it gets this bad, it can make the majority of my watches feel uncomfortable to wear.

I typically try to wear watches with either a stainless steel band or NATO strap on hot and humid days. I don't wear leather because I've ruined a couple of leather straps by wearing them on hot and humid days for long periods of time. I also don't particularly wear silicon or rubber straps on days like these because it irritates my wrist. Am I crazy?
    Davidka likes this.
    Current Collection
    Automatics:

Ball Engineer II Pioneer
    Mondaine SBB Classic Automatic
    Seiko Presage SARW013 Urushi
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Seiko 5 SNK615K1
    Orient Mako II

Quartz:
    Victorinox Infantry Chrono
    Seiko Perpetual Calendar
    Movado Luno
    Timex Bayman
    Casio Five Alarm

Re: Watches and Weather

Don't consider the watch itself so much. Would consider the strap much more. Perlon and mesh work the best for me on hot and humid days.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Actually, I just took the Seiko brand basic rubber strap off my Monster and put on a double layer nylon 2 piece Kwik release BluShark, it's been humid and rainy for what seems like weeks!

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Being the owner of 2 solar watches,
    I always like to wear my solar watches on sunny days and outdoor events. Swimming or beach?

Winter is not a great season for my solar watches. Charging is reduced due to cloud and lower sun altitude. Therefore any sunny winter day may call out the solar watches to keep them alive.

Mich
    Attached Images Attached Images

scooby likes this.
    Mich

It's not HOW MUCH YOU SPEND on time,,, It's HOW YOU SPEND your time that matters.

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

I sure do.

In rain or hot/humid weather I keep the few vintage watches that I own in the case and off the wrist. Most are no longer considered water resistant at all.
    whineboy likes this.

Yes. I live in a tropical weather country and it is often very humid. If I am going to work, I know I will be indoors most of the day so I can get away with wearing a leather strap. But if I am out and about at weekends, I’ll wear something on bracelet, nato or a rubber strap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I live in California where the weather fluctuates between "perfect" and "slightly less perfect". I've lately moved to bracelets because they go with any color belt-shoe combination, but the watches I have on leather are just as comfortable as Nato straps (and better than scratchy, fiddly Perlon), though I favor rally straps and do treat them with leather conditioner to waterproof them. Canvas bands are the most comfortable, but look ratty after some wear, and are just too casual for my medium fast-paced, California suburban life-style.

I think it is unlikely you are are crazy. I think it's just personal preference as far as comfort goes; I wore almost exclusively bracelets when I got into watches, now I almost always wear Iso's, with leather the go to when I'm somewhat more dressed up. To me Iso's are just super comfortable, and to me comfort isJob #1 !!

I always consider weather. Today I knew my office building was planning the annual fire drill......it's hot and humid in Virginia, so I switched out a dressy watch in preparation:

Name:  IMG_0247[1].JPG
Views: 61
Size:  1.84 MB
    Slm643 and mich.g.pan like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information