The watches you've owned and then sold
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The watches you've owned and then sold

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The watches you've owned and then sold

Just sitting here thinking about the watches I've owned and then sold since joining WUS... here's a list:

Hamilton Khaki Officer Auto - This was the yellowish-vintagish dial, which looked really cool in the box, but didn't really work with anything on the wrist. Really nice watch though.

Steinhart Marine Chronometer II(Arabic) - This is a great watch, but I think there are better examples of "deck" watches out there... and I was rolling the money into the next big thing.

Steinhart Ocean 2 - I ordered this baby as soon as it became available for sale, but it came without the bracelet. When the bracelet finally arrived I was disappointed with the bracelet itself, and there were some quality control issues in the lugs that made putting the bracelet on exceptionally difficult.

Dievas Focal - I think I just got bored with this big bad bruiser. I thought that a scratchproof watch was something I needed, and it turns out I'm ok with scratches, especially on tool watches.

Bremont Alt1-Z - I really liked this watch, it just wasn't getting enough wrist time, and I felt I needed to make some tough decisions to reduce my collection so I could wear and enjoy fewer watches. Plus this money is going to a future purchase that I think will fill a hole in what I have now.

Ball Fireman Racer Classic - While the dial was beautiful, I felt like the case was just a little too raw in terms of finishing for me. I also have this weird thing about flat crystals.

Breitling SuperOcean 44 - At the end of the day this was just a generic diver, and there are so many interesting divers out there from micro companies for so much less.

Seiko SSC081 - Turns out I'm not a fan of compass bezels... and especially not a fan of internal bezels that drift.

Seiko SGEE89P1 - Simple, boring, quartz. Next.

Oris Aquis Date (Blue) - my dear friend Bacari pointed out to me that it was the perfect Dallas Cowboys blue... As a die-hard Redskins fan that was a problem.

Ebel 1911 BTR GMT - I didn't like that it had a Chronograph look with pushers that didn't operate a Chronograph.

Orient Vintage Power Reserve FFD0F002B - too small

Magrette Regattare Tiki (Black) - too similar to my Magrette Moana Pacific Pro, and not quite as nice.

Shinola Brakeman 46mm - This dial just felt low quality to me. The markers were uninspired, the texture of the dial itself could have been cardboard... just not impressed at all. Too bad because the case itself was very nice.

Prometheus Sailfish - Those arabic numerals just felt clunky... would have been much nicer with markers and less numbers.

DeepBlue Fleet Admiral - Way too big for it's style.. and the way the date window cut into the dial just ouch.

Crazy, when I think about it... but I do feel I'm finally zeroing in on a collection that I'm really really happy with.

Fun times!
    Last edited by Doboji; May 17th, 2014 at 04:33.
    ljb187 and Mark355 like this.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Re: The watches you've owned and then sold

Wow. I miss the Oris, the Shinola, and the Ebel. That's just me. You have a great collection Max my friend and I have a sneaking suspicion it will be getting even better soon!
    Doboji likes this.
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub
    Seiko Black Monster
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Deep Blue Sunray Diver 1k
    and various other makes and models

Ha! You've sold more than I have!!!!

Ive sold 4 now.

Citizen BL5250
    Lum Tec M40
    Seiko Alpinist
    Stowa Flieger

I am not zeroing in on anything.
    Doboji likes this.
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Check my Sig, and then add about 15 more. I've flipped too many watches. However, I think that flipping is part of the hobby, because trying something on in an AD, or looking at pictures online does not tell you what its like to live with the piece. How comfortably it wears, the daily weight, if the bracelet is too wide, etc.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Doboji likes this.
    In the Box:
    Grand Seiko SBGA029
    Seiko Bell-Matic
    DOXA Sub 1200T Sharkhunter
    Seiko MarineMaster 300
    Seiko 6309-7040 with 6105 hands MOD
    Seiko 007

Gone But Not Forgotten:
    Tudor Pelagos
    Sinn U2 SDR

Hamilton Field Officer Chrono
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Regatta Auto
    Seiko SUMO
    Seiko Tuna
    DOXA 750T Professional
    Vostok Amphibia "Scuba Dude" Ministry

Quote Originally Posted by Doboji View Post
    ...I do feel I'm finally zeroing in on a collection that I'm really really happy with.
    I'm in the same boat as you:

Hamilton Khaki Navy Frogman (Hated the way the date window was executed)
    Oris Artelier Date (To big for a dressier watch, maybe not distinct enough)
    Mido Pulsometer (Great looking vintage-y dial, but it was printed and that made it look flat)
    Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (Stamped dial took the richness out of the guilloche-like patterns)
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer (A little too Sub-like for me...I really liked this watch though)
    EOT Model 22 Deck Watch (24mm lug width)
    Oris Divers Titan Date (I had two of the same watch)
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (Too big, too flat, it overwhelmed my wrist and didn't sit comfortably)

That's it - in order so far - but I'm guessing I'll drop another dozen or so. It hurts a little because I really like some of what I've sold and what I'm planning to sell...you can't keep everything and it's like you said, now that I have a better idea what I want to do I can proceed with a more certainty going forward.

Doboji: If you feel like it and have the time, could you elaborate on the reasons for some of the decisions you made?

Last edited by ljb187; May 16th, 2014 at 23:28.
    Doboji likes this.

I've given away a couple to my brother and son but never sold any.

Vulcain Nautique 1st Swiss/1967 * Seiko 5 SpeedTimer 1st Auto Chrono, from Tokyo Ginza/1969 * Handful of Seiko Quartz Chronos * Heuer Re-issue 1964 Pre-TAG Carrera chrono * TAG Heuer "Carrera" Chrono * Omega "Speedmaster" Chrono * Baume & Mercier Formula S Chrono * Zenith "El Primero" HW Chrono * Mühle Glashütte Nautische Chrono * Sinn 903ST “Navitimer” Chrono * Techné SparrowHawk II Chrono * Alpina Startimer Big-Date Chrono * Zodiac Sea Dragon chrono * (2) Victorinox "Infantry Vintage" Chronos (Silver/Green) * Junkers "G38" chrono * Hamilton Pioneer Khaki chrono * Bulova Marine Star Chrono/Diver * Breitling Chronospace chrono * Dan Henry 1939 chrono * Fortuna chrono * Delbana "Silverstone" chrono * Ball Fireman "Storm Chaser" chrono * William L. chrono * Junghans Meister Telemeter Chronoscope *

I haven't sold any, but I gave two vintage watches to a friend of mine. No regrets.

I keeping saying that my DJ is on the chopping block, but I haven't done anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you:

Hamilton Khaki Navy Frogman (Hated the way the date window was executed)
    Oris Artelier Date (To big for a dressier watch, maybe not distinct enough)
    Mido Pulsometer (Great looking vintage-y dial, but it was printed and that made it look flat)
    Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (Stamped dial took the richness out of the guilloche-like patterns)
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer (A little too Sub-like for me...I really liked this watch though)
    EOT Model 22 Deck Watch (24mm lug width)
    Oris Divers Titan Date (I had two of the same watch)
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (Too big, too flat, it overwhelmed my wrist and didn't sit comfortably)

That's it - in order so far - but I'm guessing I'll drop another dozen or so. It hurts a little because I really like some of what I've sold and what I'm planning to sell...you can't keep everything and it's like you said, now that I have a better idea what I want to do I can proceed with a more certainty going forward.

Doboji: If you feel like it and have the time, could you elaborate on the reasons for some of the decisions you made?

I will indeed do that once I have some time this evening...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    ljb187 likes this.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

I have sold the majority of my more expensive pieces (see my signature)…..and certainly my humble collection now is worth a third as much as it was, but my priorities in life changed a couple of years ago and I am in the process of reducing my collection down either further! I do not foresee every purchasing a watch of the value I had in the past.
    Hammy

Omega Ω Seamaster GMT 2234.50 (daily wear)
    Oris BC3 Advanced Day Date (tool watch but looking to sell)
    Casio Edifice EQW-A1110 Atomic Solar (for my eldest)
    Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic (for my youngest)
    Garmin Forerunner (when I start running again!)
    Casio Mudman (looking to just give away)

Sold these in the last 3 years

Gone but not forgotten...
    VC Overseas
    UN Marine Chronometer 43mm
    UN Diver Blue Surf
    IWC Ingenieur
    IWC Port 3714-45
    Chopard LUC Sport
    Grand Seiko SBGE001
    Sinn EZM3
    Sinn 104
    Sinn 857
    Sinn 656L
    Sinn 556i
    Damasko DA37
    Omega SMP Ceramic
    Omega Chocolate Speedy
    Tag Aquaracer Chrono
    LumTec B8
    Halios BlueRing
    Prim Igen Sport

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information