Watching Buying Pause Until August—Keeping a journal of research for my next purchase.
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Watching Buying Pause Until August—Keeping a journal of research for my next purchase.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watching Buying Pause Until August—Keeping a journal of research for my next purchase.

So, I've bought too many watches and I am starting to impose time points to buy my next one. They next one will be my birthday in August, and I was to keep a log of my research with input from others.

I really like skeleton watches with Roman numeral indices. I also really like custom straps. I am looking to spend around $300, so that kind of limits me to Seiko/Orient, though.

I might build something from a cheap watch (I get a kick out of this). So I am kind of researching that, too.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ‘living with this clock, becoming accustomed to The Present, is an adventure. It’s an adventure in our perception of time’ (PSFK). Far from being a collusion with a device that ‘destroys humanity’, attending to clocks, seeking to know more about how they work, what forces have shaped them, and how they might be remade, can offer new horizons for exploring the possibilities of liberating time.

Re: Watching Buying Pause Until August—Keeping a journal of research for my next purchase.

I’m sure that with your self imposed fast you’ll find something that meets you needs by the time you’re ready to buy again. Best of luck.

Re: Watching Buying Pause Until August—Keeping a journal of research for my next purchase.

Hi DP. Just when I think I’ve shaken you off you come riding back into town.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like you have plenty of time for research and decision.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Why not bump the budget if you are waiting months and get more choices?

Quote Originally Posted by TwentiethCenturyFox View Post
    Why not bump the budget if you are waiting months and get more choices?
    I've earnestly considered that. I think as a I research, I will find some that are outside of the $300 range.

I almost bought a vintage Bulova today! It's going to be hard.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ‘living with this clock, becoming accustomed to The Present, is an adventure. It’s an adventure in our perception of time’ (PSFK). Far from being a collusion with a device that ‘destroys humanity’, attending to clocks, seeking to know more about how they work, what forces have shaped them, and how they might be remade, can offer new horizons for exploring the possibilities of liberating time.

Name:  IMG_20190429_130535226.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  2.70 MB

I received this today (I ordered it before I decided to go on a "buying pause"). I a. absolutely enamored with it and feel confident that this is the direction that I should take in my future purchase (i.e. brown leather, can be worn casually or dressed-up, skeleton features, Roman numeral indices, old-world feel). I think I may save up for a mid-range version of this that might be a tad bit smaller and have a few more luxurious additions. I think a domed sapphire crystal and a nicer strap are starters. Brands I am thinking of are: Hamilton, Tissot, Oris, etc....that range).

I have also considered trying to get something vintage. I think I would very much enjoy a classic-looking watch with some genuine wear and heritage. I find that older watches first my 6.5" wrist better, anyways.

Suggestions are welcomed.

I wish I knew how much I liked Roman numeral indices before I bought 20 watches without them (they are relatively rare at the entry level.

Here are some "dream watches" for me to be inspired by; I find them particularly appealing. The Longines is by far the most realistic.

I don't hate Arabic numerals.

I have thought about simply getting one of the entry level Orients (such as the V2 Bambino or the Sun & Moon ones) however, I would like to wear them first before buying. I have heard many people with smaller wrists voice their disappointment with how large the Bambino wears. (My wrist is only 6.5", but I can wear my Mako XL just fine).

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  59.7 KB
    I am fancying the automatic Junkers Deutschearmbanduhren.

So, I've bought an Orient Bambino to test how much I would like a classic Roman numeral dialed watch. This will be must last timepiece purchased until my birthday.

I'm am slightly leaning towards simply beginning a "major" purchase fund towards a Longines. I would like to wear these entry level luxury watches (or any watch) on my wrist before I dump funds into them, however.

Any tips?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information