Watchuseeeeeeeeek! (part II)
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WnS

Thread: Watchuseeeeeeeeek! (part II)

Banned

Watchuseeeeeeeeek! (part II)

So I've been considering (yet another) purchase and had/have (almost) decided on a Nite 'Aqua' for approx. 3,500 RMB. This seems like a decent watch: solid 316L, H3 tubes, 300m WR with screwdown caseback and crown, rotating bezel, triple-coated AR Sapphire crystal, 42mm by 15mm case and Ronda 715Li mvt. But while watching a DVD a minute ago I suddenly thought "It's not mechanical- I should get a Khaki Field instead."

What?

You guys are killing me!

Re: Watchuseeeeeeeeek! (part II)

I went through and autos only phase and now I appreciate both mechanical and quartz especially on a sub 1k watch where the service is going to cost $200-$300. You can find some some autos with tritium tubes like Marathon, Luminox, Ball, and Deep Blue and Christopher Ward.

Banned

Ball is a bit too pricey and I have deliberately restricted myself from online purchases. Wisely I feel.
    My alts are G-Shock GAC-100-8A, Nite Aqua or other model or Hamilton Khaki Field.
    Or a Citizen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

WnS

We are willing to pay a lot more for an automatic, but if you can get past the 1 bps ticking of a quartz, it's all good.

1. Set and forget
    2. Accuracy
    3. Service = battery and seal replacement = cheap
    4. More impact resistant

My next purchase is going to be a quartz.
    ShellyAE likes this.
    I'm content with my watch collection

Certainly nothing wrong with a Citizen, although I'm not a fan of its watches with multiple complications because the dials get too cluttered. The one I once owned was an attractive watch that was dragged down by too many subdials. I check out Citizen from time to time because I think its watches are well-made and reliable; one day I may luck into one that floats my boat and becomes a great beater.
    Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller | Eterna Super KonTiki 1973 Limited Edition

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jstroh View Post
    Certainly nothing wrong with a Citizen, although I'm not a fan of its watches with multiple complications because the dials get too cluttered. The one I once owned was an attractive watch that was dragged down by too many subdials. I check out Citizen from time to time because I think its watches are well-made and reliable; one day I may luck into one that floats my boat and becomes a great beater.

My thoughts exactly

Banned

I went out today and had a good long look at what Citizen have to offer. I have to say I am more impresssed than I was a year or so ago. I think they have a lot of new models in and certainly around the 4-5,000 RMB mark they are offering a quality product.
    But I also went to the Nite dealership and they also seem very well made watches with a robust purposefulness I prefer. AND they're all around the 40mm mark, at which I am extremely pleased. This gives them far more authority than many attention-seeking tacticool pieces, which just come off looking a bit desparate.

O look to the Deep Blue's even Ball's for my night cycling activities, then I thought what if I fall from the bike? then my decision was:

Timex Intelligent Quartz | Timex SL Series™ Fly-Back Chronograph

It has a Indiglo night light with 4 hr. chrono, and push button away from my favorite $3000 Ball in night visibility

Timex Intelligent Quartz Tide Temp Compass: INDIGLO Night-Light - YouTube
    Last edited by cbaytan; October 13th, 2012 at 14:26. Reason: add info

Banned

I started a thread about Timex a couple of weeks ago if you'd like to check my profile. I simply will not buy any Timex.

Thread Information